Microsoft's Arc Touch Mouse is Like No Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Wow. Now I can finally buy that suitcase that I could not fit my old mouse into. That 3"x2"x1" (6 cu.in.) space that my old, huge mouse took up can be replaced by this new, tiny 3.5"x2"x0.5" (3.5 cu.in.) mouse. I was always a couple cubic inches short with my old suitcase. 2.5 cu.in! (0.0015 cu.ft!) Now I can fit everything!

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]its just a mouse/track pad i mean seriously....[/citation]

But if Apple made it, it would be revolutionary.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I wonder if they will make a bluetooth version.

Either way, this looks very cool, and innovative. However, it has to prove to me that the arc design is comfortable and ergonomic, or they will not get many buyers. It would take a lot to pry some people away from their trackballs from their cold, dead hands...

Also, battery life, battery life, and more battery life... If it is too low, forget about it.

Other issues with mice come from tracking. Do I trust a trackpad not from Synaptics? I have tried some imitators, and have been quite disappointed. The laser on Microsoft mice seem to leave a little to be desired, even from their laser mice, compared with Logitech, despite M$ being the initial company to market with optical mice.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]But if Apple made it, it would be revolutionary.[/citation]yes and no;
The idiot apple fanbois would overrate it on so many levels a normal human mind cannot even begin to comprehend why...

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
did any of the "if apple did it, it would be revolutionary" commentors read the article? Apple already did do it minus the ability to flatten it out. It's called the magic mouse.

Jane even was kind enough to mention it in the first paragraph.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Why is everyone focusing on who makes the product instead of the product... Had Microsoft gone Disney/Buena Vista, would the discussion be more on topic?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]But if Apple made it, it would be revolutionary.[/citation]

Apple already made one and as far as I know they were the first to make one. Sadly, both of these mice were engineered to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]cyprod[/nom]did any of the "if apple did it, it would be revolutionary" commentors read the article? Apple already did do it minus the ability to flatten it out. It's called the magic mouse.Jane even was kind enough to mention it in the first paragraph.[/citation]

No they haven't, they just want to troll

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
If you read the german on the box it uses the word "tasche" which could mean bag but also can mean pocket. The English version misses out on pointing out that the mouse will more easily fit into a pocket.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Sorry, Microsoft, but I think I'll stick to my favorite $60 Razer DeathAdder for now. It feels great, I can almost guarantee it has a higher DPI than this, is extremely accurate/fast, and is cheaper than this. I know I'm going to be told that this was made for mobility, but there are still going to be a lot better and cheaper options out there.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Lol, MS is still working in Apple's shadow... They really need to step up and make something different.... I mean come on... Magic Mouse -> Arc Touch Mouse ; iPod -> Zune; iOS -> Win Mobile 7;

Balmer is doing a piss poor job.

G

"Magic Mouse -> Arc Touch Mouse;"
MS had various mice prototypes before information of the magic mouse was released

"iPod -> Zune;"
iPod isn't the 1st mp3 player

"iOS -> Win Mobile 7;"
MS has been in the mobile market for a long time. The problems with windows mobile is that MS sat on it's laurels much like it did with IE6.

Firehead2k

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Interesting concept for a mouse, similar to the mobile designs from Motorola (RAZRs). I wonder how sturdy the arc is though.

And btw, it's billiger, meaning cheaper, not Billinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.