Want best cpu/board help me.

G

I am currently looking for a good combo and desided to go with AMD, i am looking at the AMD 1.33GHz Athlon 266 FSB and want to go with the PC2100 DDR ram I need to know what motherboard i should go with or if there is something better comming out i should wait for?

Also i have never worked with AMD i currently have an overclocked 566 celeron and do not like its preformance
i will be using the computer for gamming/programming and need it networked to another computer in my house (Intel).
Tell me if I'm looking at the right thing or should i go with another setup.

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
Try checking on the amd page they have some recomendations for mobos or try looking at asus i think im going with A7A266 and as for your DDR try checking www.crucial.com they got it for cheep

7-|3 ^^4|\ \\[7-| 7-|3 8[9 57[<< 4[\\4`/5 \\[|\5....

G

That's a rather hard question these days. Most of the current motherboards with DDR-SDRAM support don't seem to be able to use the increased memory bandwidth efficiently. I'm personally waiting for developments here. Perhaps, the best currently available mobo is Asus' A7M266, but there might some DDR mobos coming from Abit, so... I'm waiting.

Leo