igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Come on AGP's been around for like 5 years and no one even thinks of making one!!! Every one's been screaming for dual AMD's since the K6's. Dammit how can we make these chipset/mobo manufactures make what <i>we</i> want?

Your Signature Sucks

Porkloin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2001
I'm presuming that you mean Dual A-M-D.
Yeah, those motherboard manufacturers are dragging their feet on this, aren't they.
Any theories out there as to why?

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No he is talking about two agp slots and two agp cards in an SLI type configuration, yaah baby more power!

SANDMAN
LEAN MEAN KILLIN MACHINE

NickM

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2001
Somebody forgot that AGP was manifested as a <b>single</b> AGP slot in systems, the interface between <b>two</b> devices: the video chipset and the system processor . The idea is simple: higher speed between the only two devices involved, that is why <b>not expandable</b>. And the great advantage is that it isolates the video subsystem from the rest of the PC and benefits from improved bandwidth.

G

Don't know that this is any help but you can get true Open gl acceleration through two monitors with some of the cards made by 3D Labs. As for dual AMD's there a much bigger issue at hand running dual cpu's than most people think...and NO you don't need dual chipsets etc. The main challenge with duallies is keeping the cpu's from simultaneously accesssing resources such as memeory etc. Also one proccesor must be the master and run control software while running its allocated tasks too. So why don't they make AMD's in a dual config? Check out the 3D ring and you'll see that when it comes to CG AMD are a huge dissapointment in performance and stability and thats why companys make chipsets to drive dual Intels and not AMD's. I'm talking about content creation..not playing games so don't you eggheads post crap about games performance. See generally speaking CG software makes alot of use aout of duallies but not much else. So if your playing games, using office or sending your grandma emails there's not much point in worrying about duallies. Thats why alot of graphics card manufactures are turning to putting GPU's on their cards...because they know that software/chipset developers are shy of writing multi-threaded software. You should also state why you need dual AGP's because if its for things like MAX, MAYA etc or even Premiere or Photoshop you can still use 1 monitor to put all your palletes on and still get full acceleration on the other.

"Cock-a-doodle-do" is what I say to my girl when I wake her UP in the morning!!

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Personaly I was thinking Dual AGP for gaming ie two AGP video cards in an SLI type config (and I think Igottaknife was too) now if the north bridge had an agp controller that put out to two chanels?

SANDMAN
LEAN MEAN KILLIN MACHINE

G

i have just found some book about agp

from the book it said..
you can have as many agp ALOTs as you want.....
but..... you can only have one of them working in the same time....

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you want to get the power of two???
wasnt the power of 3 enough that they got the 4th one (that does nothing)?
do you meant you need two AGP slots to wire two monitors...???
or you mean two AGP slots (and cards in them) to work together and deliver images to a single monitor?

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>