Sign in with
Your question

Outlook express clone for windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
September 22, 2010 8:20:24 PM

Hello,
I got Thunderbird as repacement for Outlook Express. How do I convert my contact list, groups, etc. and bring over all my email folders and content to make it like O.E. was ? Import was a joke.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2010 3:04:51 AM

that's why I use Opera
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2010 7:33:35 AM

number13 said:
that's why I use Opera

For email?

OP, I suggest you try Windows Live Mail. It might make the migration easier.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2010 5:57:06 PM

^+1 for windows live mail but then my email accounts are live and hotmail domain-ed..
m
l
October 3, 2010 2:36:11 AM

Herr_Koos said:
For email?

OP, I suggest you try Windows Live Mail. It might make the migration easier.

I'm trying to wean myself off Microsoft products because of problems like this over the years. They are out to make money, I'm out to save my time. Therefore, I'm moving as much as I can to Public source code freeware. Thunderbird is freeware that is supported globally for free and seems will provide stability for my apps in the future and save my time and money having to convert all the time. Please do not refer me to anymore Microsoft products. Gates is rich enough.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2010 3:28:29 AM

firefox and goodle have mail programs like OE don't they.?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2010 3:36:19 PM

hrfassoc said:
I'm trying to wean myself off Microsoft products because of problems like this over the years. They are out to make money, I'm out to save my time. Therefore, I'm moving as much as I can to Public source code freeware. Thunderbird is freeware that is supported globally for free and seems will provide stability for my apps in the future and save my time and money having to convert all the time. Please do not refer me to anymore Microsoft products. Gates is rich enough.

Well, excuse me for trying to be helpful..

a) Gates doesn't run Microsoft anymore.
b) Windows Live Mail is completely free.
c) Stop using Windows if you don't want to feed M$ any more money.

Oh, and if I read you original post correctly, your complaint is that the freeware and globally supported app which saves you time and money wasn't able to import contacts from the one made by the greedy money-slurping corporation. Ironic, isn't it...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2010 3:48:47 PM

easy Herr,,,, easy big guy. :ange: 
hrfassoc - it is what it is.
have fun with linux (even though i like it) and your open office software.
i think you have a personal issue with MS, do you need a hug or free tech support.? :kaola: 
m
l
October 3, 2010 6:18:21 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Well, excuse me for trying to be helpful..

a) Gates doesn't run Microsoft anymore.
b) Windows Live Mail is completely free.
c) Stop using Windows if you don't want to feed M$ any more money.

Oh, and if I read you original post correctly, your complaint is that the freeware and globally supported app which saves you time and money wasn't able to import contacts from the one made by the greedy money-slurping corporation. Ironic, isn't it...

a) Even though he started Microsoft by stealing his first operating system and had since been a good manager, Gates gets dividends; thereby still makes money from the selling of Microsoft products. I once used Microsoft's first operating system.
b) There is always a cost using a Microsoft product. If not money then it is your time.
We've had to convert from Outlook to Outlook Express which was suposedly "free".
Then, for Vista, we had to convert from Outlook Express to to Win Mail which was suposedly "free".
Now we are being asked to convert from Win Mail to Live Mail which is suposedly "free".
What are you going to convert to next that is supposedly "free"?

As much as I can, I'm getting off this train that wastes my valuable time and charges an arm & a leg for their support if you can understand yjeir heavily accented support personel from overseas.

I'm looking from someone who has gotten off the Microsoft train and knows how to convert the emails from Win Mail to Thunderbird which I like very much and is much, much better than Live Mail with it's user supplied and developed free plug-ins that come with source code from developers all around the world. Maybe this isn't the right forum to be asking.

Thunderbird has MANY desirable features that you can't get with Win Mail, Live Mail, Outlook Express, or Outlook.

c) I had no choice. Windows came with my HP HDX 18 laptop.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2010 6:56:15 PM

can thunderbird also get windows live mail.?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2010 7:12:51 PM

I'd like to defuse this before it goes any further. Apologies for sounding off, but you have to realise I made an honest attempt at helping you with having any knowledge of your aversion to Microsoft products. I have no problem with that; I'm a big fan of Firefox and I use Gmail exclusively. I don't even have a mail client on my PC, Outlook or otherwise.

Next time maybe fill in a few more of the details so that you get answers more in line with what you expect.
m
l
!