Games not running as they should

lilphenom

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I built a new system las week and I don't know what is wrong with it, it plays GTA IV at an avarage of 45fps with everything maxed out, but on Crysis I get around 15fps (and when I turn things down to the lowest settings I still get 20fps) wich is slower than my previous laptop! I dont know what the hell is wrong with it, I have the latest drivers for my hardware and all the games are updated. I have seen people with similar builds get 50+ FPS on GTA and 40 FPS on Crysis...

here's my build

Processor: intel i7 2600k @4.2ghz
Mobo: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Gfx card: ASUS GeForce GTX580 Direct CUII
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz
SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 series 240GB
HDD: WD2002FAEX 2TB
PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 850 watts

one benchmark:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lilphenom

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011

Obviously I didn't have them open when I was doing the benchmarks, I opened them afterwards, to find out why the heck I got so few fps and I ran the benchmark after I tried to actually play the game and found out that it was basically unplayable... anyone got any idea as to why I am getting such a low fps, I don't think its hardware related, since I get normal fps in other games...

Crysis is a very hardware demanding game, but since you have a good build, it should have ran well even at the lowest settings. Have you tried installing the v1.01 patch yet ? That might solve your problem.

what benchmarks do you get @ dx9?

have you opened up task manager to see if any part of your system is under too much demand? i wouldnt think so but it is always worth looking.

is gameplay (actually playing the game) noticibly bad or do you only see bad numbers in the benchmark? granted, i've never played the original crisis (i have cr:w) but i've heard its not very optimized. you said you have all of the updates. are you sure? are there any problems noted for particular hardware?

brujason

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
ssddx is right check all your drivers in device manager if it's fine then start with the basics reseat your components and chk your temps !!