Using wifi to link laptop and main computer files?

I have a Motorola wi-fi on my laptop connecting to the Internet through my
main computer... Is it also possible to connect to my main computer's files,
such as picture files, and download them to my laptop?
2 answers Last reply
More about using wifi link laptop main computer files

    Yes, if you don't have one already, buy a wireless router and enable
    networking.

    "scott_gordon@sbcglobal.net" <scogo_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Motorola wi-fi on my laptop connecting to the Internet through my
    >main computer... Is it also possible to connect to my main computer's
    >files, such as picture files, and download them to my laptop?

    > "scott_gordon@sbcglobal.net" <scogo_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a Motorola wi-fi on my laptop connecting to the Internet through
    my
    > >main computer... Is it also possible to connect to my main computer's
    > >files, such as picture files, and download them to my laptop?

    Describe your WiFi and main machine setup (what OS, router, etc.) for us,
    please. I suspect that you want to enable file sharing on both machines.
    --
    Louie
    Chiefland, FL, USA 29.30N 82.52W

Laptops Computers Internet Wireless Networking