Forgot my login password for my Dell vostro 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neroih

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Hello,
How can i bypass the login to my lapto, i have a dell vostro 1000 and i forgot my password. Are there any univrsal passwords i can use to bypass this?

Solution
Hi Neroih,

If you happen to be on a domain, you can contact your system administrator to change your password for you. If you're not on a domain and there are no other administrator accounts on your computer and you do not have a password reset disk, you'll need to reinstall Windows 7.

To make sure this doesn't happen in the future, create a password reset disk - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-password-reset-disk

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hi Neroih,

If you happen to be on a domain, you can contact your system administrator to change your password for you. If you're not on a domain and there are no other administrator accounts on your computer and you do not have a password reset disk, you'll need to reinstall Windows 7.

To make sure this doesn't happen in the future, create a password reset disk - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-password-reset-disk

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

Solution

cbviking

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010

If know your password is simple you can crack your own password using ophcrack. DO NOT use this on a computer that you are not authorized to access because that would be illegal! I only recommend people use ophcrack if their password was simple but they just can't remember it and did not create a password reset disk.

I won't go into how it works or anything ill leave that up to you. There is a lot of places online that will give you a tutorial on how to use the program, just google it.

As previously stated before it's a good idea to create a password reset disk. Here is a tutorial on how to do that.

Hope that helps :) If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

verbalizer

Distinguished
wait wait wait, before you format and re-install Windows..
just don't give up that easily, there is maybe one thing if not two you can try.
the third and best option is to remember your damn password, duh.? lol..

reboot into safe mode - F8.
change log in screen to administrator, first try leaving the password blank,
hit enter (with fingers crossed).

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Is this a boot password or OS password? If its boot, call Dell. If its OS you look for Hiren's BootCD it will allow you to reset your password on ANY OS along with many other features.

peterpan_18

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
ok it i did all steps the master id came up then i clicked enter and now i have on my screen information about the system.And i dont have the info its have blinking dot I 'don't know what to put in that space.

Status
Not open for further replies.