Sign in with
Your question

NFS CARBON crashes in my inbuilt G31 Chipset,PLZ REPLY

Last response: in Video Games
April 27, 2011 1:36:51 PM

I have now only the inbuilt Intel G31 express chipset in asus p5kpl-am mobo..I have latest directx 9.0 for sure and updated drivers..I can play NFS MOST WANTED smoothly with medium settings,almost good with high settings.My system meet all the requirements for carbon too.but there is the problem..after installation when I start the game the screen goes black for a moment(seems it is the starting of ea sports intro) and then appear microsoft ERROR REPORT(dialogue box with DONT SEND,SEND ERROR REPORT buttons) ,it crashes and return to desktop.I have reinstalled it many times but i have got the same result..ANY EXPERT ADVISE PLZ
April 27, 2011 3:17:33 PM

Is the game legit ?
m
l
April 27, 2011 4:44:50 PM

Gman450 said:
Is the game legit ?

what do you mean by legit?if u r saying dat it is original or copy i say i have brought the game...i have made googling on the same issue,many people facing the same prob bt no one getting any good answer,so I am in tomshardware for expert advise,if u know something on it plz tell
m
l
April 27, 2011 8:19:15 PM

you need a gfx card. just because you have enough ram doesn't mean the on board gfx is strong enough. they are only there to play video not games.
m
l
April 28, 2011 4:39:34 AM

Getting a GFX card is an advice , and I had replied on one of your threads. You said you were going to buy a 9800 GT. When are you ?

But the game, since it has almost the same graphics as the predecessor( NFS MW ) , it should run well, considering MW ran well for him.

I will try googling and let you know.
m
l
April 28, 2011 6:59:15 AM

that depends. his onboard may not support the shader model, i think they moved from 2 to 3 on carbon as it supported dx10. nope thats not it, it only needs a GF4 or better.
m
l
April 28, 2011 3:53:29 PM

+1 to above, im more than willing to bet my left testicle that this is a shader model issue.
m
l
April 28, 2011 4:39:00 PM

Gman450 said:
Getting a GFX card is an advice , and I had replied on one of your threads. You said you were going to buy a 9800 GT. When are you ?

But the game, since it has almost the same graphics as the predecessor( NFS MW ) , it should run well, considering MW ran well for him.

I will try googling and let you know.

ya i will buy 9800 gt or 5xxx hd after 1 month,cause then my exam will over...and what u have told that nfs carbon should run in my pc i also think the same,cause both need 64-128 mb card which i have and i have played nfs mw with mid settings with good fps rate,dunno why carbon is making problem,try to help me.
m
l
April 28, 2011 4:41:17 PM

Uther39 said:
+1 to above, im more than willing to bet my left testicle that this is a shader model issue.

so why not the same prob with nfs mw?it was running like a butter with mid settings
m
l
April 28, 2011 4:44:26 PM

my g31 is sm 2.0,at least game should be played with low settings but it crashes just after starting the game,even i was not able to see EA SPORTS intro video
m
l
April 28, 2011 5:28:09 PM

Well, I am going with Hexit here, I am guessing its the problem with the onboard video card, since yours has a shader model 2.0 while the requirements for the game suggests a shader model 3.0 supported video card. Its best if you wait that one month I suppose.
m
l
!