VX7000 Battery charge affected by location?

New user of an LG VX7000. I work in a building where there is a weak/no
signal, but this isn't the issue.

It seems like I see a bigger battery drain on standby during the workday as
compared to weekends when I'm not at work. A freshly recharged battery
will drop 1 to 2 bars during one workday. On weekends, it seems to stay at
4 bars for several days.

Does poor location/weak signal cause more drain on the battery?

Also, is it adviseable to recharge every night even when the phone shows a
full charge? Should these batteries be periodically run down totally?

An advice is appreciated!

"Amateur" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> New user of an LG VX7000. I work in a building where there is a weak/no
> signal, but this isn't the issue.
>
> It seems like I see a bigger battery drain on standby during the workday
> as
> compared to weekends when I'm not at work. A freshly recharged battery
> will drop 1 to 2 bars during one workday. On weekends, it seems to stay
> at
> 4 bars for several days.
>
> Does poor location/weak signal cause more drain on the battery?
>
> Also, is it adviseable to recharge every night even when the phone shows a
> full charge? Should these batteries be periodically run down totally?

If you are in a poorer signal situation at work compared to at home, there
will be more drain on the battery. Also if the VX7000 has an analog mode and
has to go into analog mode, that will eat a LOT more battery power than
digital mode.

As I understand it, even a lithium/ion battery should be discharged once in
a while, especially when it's new. Also, bear in mind that there might be a
finite number of charge/discharge cycles for any battery, so that the more
time you can go between charging, the longer it will last.

"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Amateur" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> New user of an LG VX7000. I work in a building where there is a
>> weak/no signal, but this isn't the issue.
>>
>> It seems like I see a bigger battery drain on standby during the
>> workday as
>> compared to weekends when I'm not at work. A freshly recharged
>> battery will drop 1 to 2 bars during one workday. On weekends, it
>> seems to stay at

> If you are in a poorer signal situation at work compared to at home,
> there will be more drain on the battery. Also if the VX7000 has an
> analog mode and has to go into analog mode, that will eat a LOT more
> battery power than digital mode.
>
> As I understand it, even a lithium/ion battery should be discharged
> once in a while, especially when it's new. Also, bear in mind that
> there might be a finite number of charge/discharge cycles for any
> battery, so that the more time you can go between charging, the longer
> it will last.

Thank you!

The 7000 doesn't have an analog mode.

David R. Goyer

--
All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.