Sign in with
Your question

What are the best PC specific gaming webistes for reviews , etc.

Last response: in Video Games
April 30, 2011 2:55:55 AM

I was trying to find out if there is a way to be able to search a game database and find out the available resolutions and stuff on a game, and also to get a good detailed review that is very specific to the PC version of the game. I was reading some reviews at IGN.com, and they are "ok", but they don't give the information as to all the graphical options and stuff. I kinda want to know what a games maximum resolution is, and stuff like that. Are there any specific PC gaming websites that are the best ones to frequent?

I've been a console gamer the last 10 years, so I have no clue about the best PC gaming websites. I know that Tom's Hardware Guide is one of the best sites out there for discussing PC hardware, especially when you're getting ready for a build, but I'm trying to find good websites that specialize in reviews, and telling about what patches are available (like if a game was later dramatically improved by a patch, etc, etc), you know... stuff like that.
May 1, 2011 10:20:55 AM

LarryJones1 said:
I was trying to find out if there is a way to be able to search a game database and find out the available resolutions and stuff on a game, and also to get a good detailed review that is very specific to the PC version of the game. I was reading some reviews at IGN.com, and they are "ok", but they don't give the information as to all the graphical options and stuff. I kinda want to know what a games maximum resolution is, and stuff like that. Are there any specific PC gaming websites that are the best ones to frequent?

I've been a console gamer the last 10 years, so I have no clue about the best PC gaming websites. I know that Tom's Hardware Guide is one of the best sites out there for discussing PC hardware, especially when you're getting ready for a build, but I'm trying to find good websites that specialize in reviews, and telling about what patches are available (like if a game was later dramatically improved by a patch, etc, etc), you know... stuff like that.

what games and what do you want to know? i will tell you. i was going to say ign.com lol. also patches dont usualy do anything to gameplay, thats what settings are for but if the games support a higher version of directx then graphics will increase signifigntly. ask me what you want to know im sure i can help.
May 1, 2011 2:01:36 PM

LarryJones1 said:

Gamespot.com and Gamereplays.org are quite good in my opinion. But honestly, the best place to find out game-specific information is at the game's own website. For example, if I want any technical or support info on StarCraft 2, I go to starcraft2.com. Why rely on second-hand news when you can get it out of the horse's mouth?
May 1, 2011 7:07:53 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Gamespot.com and Gamereplays.org are quite good in my opinion. But honestly, the best place to find out game-specific information is at the game's own website. For example, if I want any technical or support info on StarCraft 2, I go to starcraft2.com. Why rely on second-hand news when you can get it out of the horse's mouth?

Well, here's the thing... I've been primarily a console gamer for the last 10 years, and there are TONS of websites specifically taylored for the consoles, talking nothing about the latest releases and anything else about the specific console. I just figured that PC gamers would have similar websites, that were totally dedicated to breaking down the newest PC game releases, and hopefully a database of previous releases. I also figured that they would give some specifications about the various resolutions that each game supported, etc, etc.
!