G

Big issue here.. nobody can seem to solve it. I have a Shuttle SpaceWalker AV61 Mobo with a P3-667 slot1, 128mb pc100 memory, Voodoo3-2000 PCI and the computer will simply shut down right in the middle of anything -> games, typing letters, whatever. It does this on a random basis and temperature does not seem to be a problem (I can physically touch the CPU heat sink and it's cool, not even warm - same with vid card). Everything shuts off - CPU, fans, everything connected to the PowerSupply! <CLICK!!> RANDOMLY. I have purchased a new power supply also, but same results!!! HELP! Power Management appears to be turned off thru the BIOS too.

Does ANYBODY have ANY IDEA AT ALL what MIGHT be causing this????

Thanks,
Doug.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
It may be hard to do, but have you tried the mobo in a different case? The reason I ask is maybe the case you're using has a problem with the power switch connections. Just wondering.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Also, have you removed all but the video card? And tried different ram? Basically the name of the game for a problem like this is to start removing and/or swapping stuff until you stumble across the answer. And the answer may very well be bad motherboard as well.