Tom n Anandtech sucks !!!!!

G

Anymore for me there is only one truth. Never believe to aby info or bench that done by tom or anand. I remember the times, that by believing them and buying some mobos, and those mobo's sucking.
Probably for them most paying brand is the best brand :)))

G

Intel had only one chipset till now and , it's BX . Else sucks, also intel cpu's sucks too. I can't tell anything to u, u don't use AMD , u don't have a PC

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your a moron. What did you use before the BX? And how many computers do you think I own? I use an Intel board because it supports all my cards, my last system WAS AMD you moron, it was the VIA chipset that made it lousy, and that is still the case today. Read this damn forum and try to learn something before you cause me to verbally spank you little child. BTW, I have over a thousand systems experience.
Did you ever consider that the motherboards Tom reviewed were crappy because of the chipsets, or do you always [-peep-] out your mouth? Let's here your so called "alternatives" to his recommendations!

Suicide is painless...........

G

LOL,
Are u the only one that has lots of computers and experience with that ?
firstly, tom benchs the performance of the boards( not if they work with everykind of hardware) , and even tom and anand don't know to bench. They bench without tweaking. If dell or compaq will read the review and will consider which board performs best with default settings , that's ok. But Tom does bench for US and we tweak, for me the default results are nothing, Because I won't use it default. I tweak as much as board lets me.
Secondly I use nearly every brand's , every motherboard. Never and never I liked ASUS, only thing good about asus is it's name, nothing else.
Yes kt133 series have problems, but performance is double of i815. Anyway web is full of i815 [-peep-], everyone has lots of problems espicially with asus , they spend their time to solve problems, maybe they do but they can't solve the performance.
U say that asus doesn't have a problem right now, let's say that's true, so what ????
are u using this pc as a workstation ? is performance not a issue for u but stability is?
I still can't understand that, bc even u would say yes, performance not stability does matter, I may ask u WHY the hell , did u buy i815, and didn't continue using BX....
Btw this topic is not for a blame
it's for to protect people to buy something bad and to not believe to tom or anand blindly

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Between the BX and my current PC there came my VIA experience. I would never again use VIA in my main computer, because of "small problems" that caused that PC to be unusable for my needs.
The i815E performs about 2-3% lower than the BX, but supports more options, including overclocking options that can put it on top (you can run at higher bus speeds without video problems). Tom of course uses a CUSL2 in many of his articles. And my system does nearly 8000 in 3DM2K at 1GHz, which is only a few hundred short of a T-Bird system of the same quality. OF coarse, I would be using the T-Bird if it would work with the BX, but since it relies on VIA at the moment, I would only use one for gaming. Maybe if ALi revises the MAGiK1 I will switch back to AMD.

Suicide is painless...........