NC8000 - Will not boot to USB floppy

Compaq/HP NC8000 - I can not get it to boot from a USB floppy drive
that is known good. Our HP desktops will boot to it (d530 small fom
desktop) but the NC8000's will not. Looked at BIOS settings - did not
seem to be anything there to correct this. Any ideas? Myabe this is
just a BIOS limitation on these units...

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about nc8000 boot floppy

    On the seventh day, Chris wrote...

    > Compaq/HP NC8000 - I can not get it to boot from a USB floppy drive
    > that is known good. Our HP desktops will boot to it (d530 small fom
    > desktop) but the NC8000's will not. Looked at BIOS settings - did not
    > seem to be anything there to correct this. Any ideas? Myabe this is
    > just a BIOS limitation on these units...

    maybe... have a look in the BIOS and check whether "usb legacy support" is
    both available and enabled...
    good luck.

    All my life I said I wanted to be someone...I can see now that I
    should have been more specific.

    I appreciate the response - I did try that, and still no luck. I
    guess I may have to purchase a floppy drive for the media bay in order
    to boot to a floppy. That seems strange, but I guess the bios was not
    designed for USB floppy booting.

    Chris

    Christian Dürrhauer wrote:
    > On the seventh day, Chris wrote...
    >
    > > Compaq/HP NC8000 - I can not get it to boot from a USB floppy drive
    > > that is known good. Our HP desktops will boot to it (d530 small fom
    > > desktop) but the NC8000's will not. Looked at BIOS settings - did not
    > > seem to be anything there to correct this. Any ideas? Myabe this is
    > > just a BIOS limitation on these units...
    >
    > maybe... have a look in the BIOS and check whether "usb legacy support" is
    > both available and enabled...
    > good luck.
    >
    > --
    > mit freundlichen Grüßen/with kind regards
    > Christian Dürrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
    >
    > All my life I said I wanted to be someone...I can see now that I
    > should have been more specific.

Hewlett Packard Floppy Disk Boot Computers