Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Crysis keeps crashing during the last level

Last response: in Video Games
May 3, 2011 2:38:59 AM

Crysis keeps crashing on the very last level "the reckoning." I played through the whole game only for it to crash when I'm fighting the giant alien exoskeleton on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier.

It is impossible to finish the game because of this -- painfully disappointing.

More about : crysis crashing level

May 3, 2011 4:51:39 AM

This could be a corrupt file in the game. Have you tried re-installing the game ? Back up all the save files and do a complete re-installation of the game. Also, did you try restarting the level ?
Score
May 3, 2011 4:53:31 AM

The final battle is pretty stressful on the system. Try lowering the graphics quality to see if that helps.
Score
Related resources
May 3, 2011 5:23:04 AM

you may want to turn Xfire off. for the last level. you will still get 30fps minimum
Score
May 3, 2011 8:53:45 AM

jaguarskx said:
The final battle is pretty stressful on the system. Try lowering the graphics quality to see if that helps.

Yeah, I noticed the last level results in the lowest FPS than any other part of the game.
Score
May 3, 2011 1:00:26 PM

I had an issue with Crysis crashing to desktop and the only way I could fix it was to delete some of my saved games so if you have a lot then get rid of some leaving maybe the last 2 or 3 saves, worked for me.
Score
May 3, 2011 3:56:29 PM

Isn´t the final battle on an airport premises rather than on an aircraft carrier?
Score
May 3, 2011 6:02:28 PM

jemm said:
Isn´t the final battle on an airport premises rather than on an aircraft carrier?

That's Crysis Warhead.
Score
May 3, 2011 6:14:48 PM

jaguarskx said:
That's Crysis Warhead.

That´s true! Thanks for pointed out!
Score
May 4, 2011 10:06:33 AM

like i said disable crossfire for the final level you will still get 30+fps even on a single card. also make sure your fully patched. you will need to apply all the patches not just the latest 1.
when i first got it when it came out it crashed for me on the last level i patched it to 1.1 and it fixed it... so plz give that a try...
Score
March 3, 2013 11:21:49 PM

i have a solution. the game works well on DX 9. there r no crahes at all and i too was experiencing the same thing
Score
!