SD WiFi card

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 30, 2004 5:27:50 AM

i recently bought a sandisk wifi card+256mb SD card. I have it working on my
v36 pocket pc, is there a way to use this card as a network adaptor on a
windows pc? like, can i attach it through a sd card reader and utilize the
network card part? If i can could someone please tell me where to get a driver
for it as well.

More about : wifi card

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 12:53:06 PM

I don't think it's possible, but you could try it with a card reader I
guess. Part two would be the driver item. I assume you have checked the
website of the manufacturer ?

"Cpw2005" <cpw2005@wmconnect.com> schreef in bericht
> i recently bought a sandisk wifi card+256mb SD card. I have it working on
my
> v36 pocket pc, is there a way to use this card as a network adaptor on a
> windows pc? like, can i attach it through a sd card reader and utilize
the
> network card part? If i can could someone please tell me where to get a
driver
> for it as well.
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 8:07:54 PM

cpw2005@wmconnect.com (Cpw2005) wrote:
>i recently bought a sandisk wifi card+256mb SD card. I have it working on my
>v36 pocket pc, is there a way to use this card as a network adaptor on a
>windows pc? like, can i attach it through a sd card reader and utilize the
>network card part? If i can could someone please tell me where to get a driver
>for it as well.

I don't know if any of the card readers do SDIO, but that's what you
would need...
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 2:59:23 AM

Cpw2005 wrote:

> i recently bought a sandisk wifi card+256mb SD card. I have it working
> on my
> v36 pocket pc, is there a way to use this card as a network adaptor on
> windows pc? like, can i attach it through a sd card reader and utilize
> the
> network card part? If i can could someone please tell me where to get
> a driver
> for it as well.

This is purely a waste of the nice and expensive SDIO device! Get yourself
a USB wireless adapter for $30-$35 and use the SDIO for what it was
designed for.
Good luck!

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
alt.internet.wireless - 2312 messages and counting!