Games loading very slowly on a newly built PC

krime

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Hello,
I just built a new PC and I installed Starcraft 2 and games and maps load extremely slow. I have compared this to my old laptop, my friend's laptop and desktop, and they load faster than I do even though I have better specs. Here are my specs:
Asus M4A78T-E (motherboard)
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T - 3.2GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5850
8GB RAM 1333MHz
SATA II 500GB 7200rpm
Windows 7 64-bit
My laptop with an early AMD quad-core 2.0GHz and my friend's laptop with an Intel Duo 2.4Ghz loads faster than my current desktop. I am extremely confused why I load slower than them when I have much better hardware. I have also tested this on other games and applications and they constantly load faster than me. This problem only affects loading and not when I actually am playing where my desktop does not lag at all when they do. I have tried this with other games like Heroes of Newerth, Rift, Starcraft 2, and World of Warcraft.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

krime

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
I have all the required drivers and updates. How can I check if my HDD is faulty or do I just have to buy a new one and see? My friend told me to run some benchmarks and I'm not sure if this helps but here it is:
Passmark Rating: 1796
CPU Mark: 6118.6
2D Graphics Mark: 383.6
3D Graphics Mark: 2786.5
Memory Mark: 1375.8
Disk Mark: 654.5

let me ask this, your machine is obviously running win7, the ones you comparing against, are they running win7 too? or xp? cause if those machines are running on dx9 vs dx11 it might be that there's more resources dx11 version needs to load. Just my guess

grimlan

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
BIOS? Resolution? Memory voltages? Check CPU and GPU temps. Run CPU-Z and look for irregularities. Try a different slot for your hard drive. Check antivirus programs, defragmenters, etc and disable them to see if that changes anything. Try downloading a registry cleaner. Check for virus, trojans, malware, and spyware.

Those don't work then format your hard drive, gl hf, slam your hdd on the ground real hard and startup and try loading again if that doesn't work. If it's still loading slow buy a new 1.

Might be something with the CPU *shrugs*
Screenshot of task manager, do it.

TRENDING THREADS