Installing IE9

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
the first thing you need to do is go to Start>Control Panel>System>on the left side click on System Protection, near the bottom of the next box select Create, and create a restore point( can you believe that the installer doesn't by itself ! ) then go to >Programs and Features> Look on the left side and select View Installed Updates look closly for KB 2259539( some people refer to it as the SP1 upgrade, IE9 will not install if it's there and you could end up with a few problems like me ), if you got it Uninstall it then run the IE9 installer, looks like a model T, talk about plain Jane, down right ugly, right click on the header bar to activate the menu's, in my case IE9 didn't work, wouldn't open any internet pages, not even MSFT's, uninstalled it, so good luck

mibix19

Distinguished
You can't get the menu bar to display permanently in Windows 7 home premium either.Keep having to press Alt is a pain. I hope the final release fixes this

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008

go to your Windows Explorer and the top right Organize, click on it, Folder and Search Options> under the view tab make sure the Always Show Menus is checked, fixes menus in WE and IE