Sound Card Driver

Good morning!

I just re-installed my Pavilion 752n, but I cannot find the drivers for
the sound card.

I looked on the HP support site, everywhere on the web, but I cannot
find anything.

Anybody can tell me what driver I can download? I lost my restore cds.

Thank you!
4 answers Last reply
More about sound card driver

    The product specs for the Pavilion 752n state "AC97 Audio", which is almost as
    useless as the absence of drivers on the HP web site. You will need to open up
    the chassis and identify the audio chip. On most modern P4 motherboards, the
    audio chip is not too far from the external audio connectors. ADI (Analog
    Devices) audio chips are popular nowadays. Once you've determined the chipset
    model (e.g. ADInnnn), google for it and download the drivers either from
    drivers.com or from the chipset manufacturer's web site.

    Elsewhere on the HP web site, the motherboard for the 752n is identified as an
    Asus P4G-LA with "AC'97 CODEC device ADI1981A." The audio chip is ADI1981A.
    The Asus web site may also have the AC97 drivers for the ADI1981A, but it will
    NOT have detailed info about the P4G-LA. Asus made the board special for HP
    under contract, and, of course, defers all support issues to HP, hence the
    absence of info on the Asus web site.

    HP's on-line support for its Pavilion product line is below sub-standard. It is
    completely and totally incompetent... Ben Myers

    ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in

    > You will need to open up
    > the chassis and identify the audio chip.

    You can also try running Everest home edition to id the chipset:
    http://www.lavalys.com/

    <gdubois@deloitte.vg> wrote in message
    | Good morning!
    |
    | I just re-installed my Pavilion 752n, but I cannot find the drivers for
    | the sound card.
    |
    | I looked on the HP support site, everywhere on the web, but I cannot
    | find anything.
    |
    | Anybody can tell me what driver I can download? I lost my restore cds.
    |
    | Thank you!

    AC97 audio driver
    http://tinyurl.com/2vqez

    I just had to totally redo my Pavilion 725n. I found the software you are
    looking for at:

    http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html

    Good luck. I did a clean install of Windows XP because my restore disks
    were corrupt, but now my machine is running better than ever.
    <gdubois@deloitte.vg> wrote in message
    > Good morning!
    >
    > I just re-installed my Pavilion 752n, but I cannot find the drivers for
    > the sound card.
    >
    > I looked on the HP support site, everywhere on the web, but I cannot
    > find anything.
    >
    > Anybody can tell me what driver I can download? I lost my restore cds.
    >
    > Thank you!

Hewlett Packard Sound Cards Computers