Motherboard issue

G

I am attempting to build my own pc. I don't have much in the way of funds, so i am wondering if it is at all possible to purchase a motherboard that will support a duron processor (it's cheaper) now, yet when i am able to, i would like to upgrade to a better processor later on, for example an athlon or a thunderbird. Is this at all possible? And if so, what motherboard would be the best. Bus speed is an issue, so if you are able to tell me something about that it would be appreciated. I know overclocking with amd is rather easy, so if motherboard supports it, the better. Any case suggestions would be kewl too.

thanx
Mike.

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You should check out the MSI k7t turbo not very expensive but very good board and has good overclockin features.

SANDMAN
LEAN MEAN KILLIN MACHINE

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Well to answer your basic question, any MB that supports Duron will also support Athlon/Tbird (at least the current generation Athlons) So your real issue is which MB. Thats a tougher call. Most folks tend to like ASUS and ABIT for starters, Also IWill is coming up fast. But there are so many more. Try to read through older posts and reviews on Toms and other websites and then make a decision. Good luck.