Why cant i play a pc game on my computer

phoenixbubba

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Hello,
i bought and downloaded a pc game for my son and everytime i click play the screen turns into a white square like its about to play and then it disappears and my desktop is back to normal like i never tried to play the game at all... what is going on...?! i have windows vista home premium intel pentium duel cpu... not sure what it all means...I thought i would be able to download and play but that seems not to be the case... please help..

You probably have inferior on board graphics. If you have hopes of playing games you'll need a decent discreet graphics card. One that your machine will support and one that will support the games you want to play. In your case a local computer shop should be able to lead you in the right direction.
HEXIT: stop pandering!

what you talking about pandering... after a long time using boards i know that people can feel intimidated asking the simple questions so its easier to offer them an inbox where they can get answers without feeling there being patronized.

its a tried and tested method of getting newbies up to speed quickly.

it's not about you, it's about the community. everybody who reads this post may have input and some would like to read the progression especially when it leads to a positive conclusion........ information and conclusion...... that's what it's about. nobody's going to learn anything if you hide OP's away in your private little lair. not what this site is here for.

lolz dude take a chill pill... :lol: i only offered the guy an opportunity to chat in private and you act like a stabbed yer granny :lol:
your rite it is a community but that doesn't mean theres no privacy...
and when i looked at your profile i see your not a mod so you cant really be telling me what to do.
what i do in my inbox is my business, if i want to open it to people who want to know stuff thats my business... i mean its not as if i get any rep points like i do on the forum...

so what if i offered him a private chat, what business it of yours?... thats rite NONE!!!...

so kindly step off with your baiting....

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

Cool down Hexit

Morgan is right, + the community is all about helping other fellow pc users. So ppl no need to be shy- ask your questions and you shall get the appropriate answers.

phoenixbubba

Distinguished
May 5, 2011

I'm a stay at home mom, not a computer tech... the game i bought was battlefield bad company 2... my computer is 2 years old so i didn't think of having to worry about enough graphics or video cards or any thing for that matter.... i guess i some what got my answer I'll just stop wasting my money on vidoe games... as to do with all the games i jus bought idk... can i sell them...? or just toss them..?

I wouldn't give up just yet. Every game has a list of system requirements on it. When you purchased your PC or laptop, it should have listed it's specs. If you aren't comfortable with this, hopefully there is someone near you that you can ask for assistance in the future.

For your current game, perhaps you can gift it to a friend, relative, or neighbor... or perhaps sell it to them at a discount.