KX133 chipset and Geforce 2 BIOS problems

G

Hi,
I have the Chaintech 7-ATA motherboard that uses the KX133 chipset from VIA with an AMD slot (classic) 900mhz Ptocessor.
I own in conjunction with this a Geforce 2 GTS 32MB

Recently I was fiddling with BIOS settings (in the hope of improving 3dmark 2000/20001 scores) and now basically no 3d games will run, they run for few seconds then i Always crash to the desktop (Win98SE with latest nvidia drivers, via 4 in 1 and DX8a, OPENGL and D3D games crash)

Now some settings i know and some should really have been left alone.

I need someone with the same motherboard ideally (Or another KX133 mobo) to post all their BIOS settingss ONLY if you have a geforce 2 GTS card also that is working in 3d games (Black and White, Counter-Strike, Quake etc)

The settingws I think that are causing thge problems are those on the 3rd page of the award BIOS screen ( The page with the AGP settings)

Please can u post a reply here with your BIOS settings.

I would also be interested in knowing which versions of nvidia drivers and via 4 in 1 you have in case those are also the problem, although I am certain its the BIOS settings as all was fine until I started fiddling with them.

Anyway Please help anyone with a KX133 and geforce card (Or as a last resort someone with a KT133 and the newer Athlon/Duron, as that chipset is similar also)

If u have any further questions post them here also

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
KT or KX133, Compaq motherboard, I personally think they used a KX133 on a socket motherboard, but anyway...
I have the above mainboard with a Geforce 2 MX, same problems as you, I got Via 4.29 drivers and detenator 6.5s, AGP transfers work @ 2x on everything but Aliens vs Predator, I have to drop it to 1x on that game, but I can at least play it now.

btw, *most* apps work at 4x, but AvP doesn't work at all on it, so I keep it at 2x most of the time.
----------------------
why, oh WHY, is the world run by morons?

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the exact same board ( well actully my brother does but I built it for him) With a classic athlon 800 and a gforce256 ddr 64 meg (leadtech). First off which bios are you running? And second how can I help? And yes this machine is completely stable in games.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ncogneto on 04/20/01 03:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you are somehow affraid that you messed up your bios settings and this is the issue why not just load up the bios defaults? Then start tweaking again from there, but remember to make one change at a time and chart your progress. Multiple changes in bios can lead to disaster.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

TRENDING THREADS