File transfer Problem

G

Hi there,

I recently bought an Asus A7V133 with a Athlon 1G.
I also own a Adaptec AHA2940 SCSI controller on which are connected a HD, a CD and a CD-R. On the // port is connected a ZIP250. Finally, I own a IDE HD (Maxtor 30Go).
Now here is my prob : when I try to transfer a file from a drive on the SCSI chain (HD, CD or CD-R) or from the ZIP, to the IDE drive, the system locks up (the IDE Led remains on). Transfers between drives on the SCSI chain (or from ZIP to SCSI) work ok, as file transfers between drives on IDE controller.
I've checked my system, and there is no IRQ conflict reported. Someone told me to deactivate the ACPI in BIOS or in W98SE, but I can't do that (or don't know how).
Can upgrading BIOS or SCSI drivers help ?

Thanks for advising

zentrad

G

No, not yet. Could it help ?

What about the ZIP ? It's not on the SCSI controller (though it appears as being on it in the system !).

thanks

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Yes, I would definitely recommend moving the SCSI ctrl to different PCI slots. The Zip drive is connected to the parallel port, but the software creates kind of a "pseudo" SCSI controller when you look in the device manager. The IRQ in question would be the parallel port (most likely 7). Again, I think the next attempt should be PCI slot swapping.

G

OK jlanka

Will try it this week-end

If doesn't work, r there some SCSI BIOS option which should be tweaked ?

thank you

zentrad

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
AFA SCSI BIOS tweaks, my inclination would be that it won't help your particular problem, but I could be wrong. There's got to be a SCSI forum around somewhere you can post that question on. Maybe do a usenet search. Good luck.