A7M266 is NOT phased out

chainbolt

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
Well, in these days of the internet, it looks like any punk can make a statement about this and that, and it is taken as reality. I hear there were times, when such rumor spreading was punished by instant death. The A7M266 was launched end of December 2000. Just afterwards some peeps, including one review site, started rumors, that this board would be "phased" out. Sure, every board will be phased out sooner or later. We are all phased out, when our time is up.

Given the slightly slower performance of the ALI chipset, and the absolutely horrible stories we hear about KT266 boards (MSI etc) the AMD760 chipset (with or without VIA SB) is still the king of DDR boards, and the A7M266 is the fastest among them.

As long as there is no statement from Asus (they are still advertising the A7M266), I don't believe a single word. My 2 cent.

G

I believe that it will be phased out.

I have seen nothing that disputes that statement but many sites have said that Asus is doing it. As soon as they have a cheaper alternative out there I bet its gone.

Just my 2 cents.