Sign in with
Your question

We have done it before, but; Xbox 360 vs PS3

Last response: in Video Games
May 7, 2011 7:34:18 PM

There are loads of posts on a load of different forums, Xbox 360 vs PS3.
I have got both systems, and some of the same games, in my opinion the Xbox 360 is better.

Xbox pro's:Its cheaper
Less problems (Like freezing, lagging).
It runs games quicker, due to its Video card that is literally 10 times quicker.
The controller is more accurate. (Therefore easier to QS ;D)
The controller doesn't have to be charged as often as the Dualshock 3.
Easier to change hard drives
It can play music while playing games
Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Ninja Gaiden :) 

Xbox con's:Xbox live fee.
It doesn't run as silent as the PS3.
It's downright ugly
No blu-ray
No God of war, nor Gran Turismo:( 
No internet browser

PS3 pro's:Looks cool
Wireless internet
Blu-ray
Cant play music and games simultaneously
Sixaxis on the Dualshock 3
The games that is listed above
Internet browser

PS3 con's:Costs more
Lag, freeze, blackouts
Games doesn't run as good
Black ops lags on split screen, so does MW2
Games cost more

If you have a PS3 you know about these problems, and they are major.
You pay more for a system and it lags, and PSN is currently hacked.
Why aren't sony well enough secured? They are a major company, and should therefore be nearly impossible to hack (Remember nothing is impossible, even NASA can be hacked)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/24/nasa_hacker_gui...

What is your opinions?
I am more happy with the Xbox 360

More about : xbox 360 ps3

May 8, 2011 3:51:05 AM

hmm, did not kno that u cant play musik while gaming on the PS3.... that seems,,,, dumb? Ive owned a 360Elite, loved it, nvr gave me any problems. My buddy has a PS3, he does always seem to complain about freezes/crashes/lags, especially with NewVegas. In my opinion, each platform has its strengths/weaknesses, so i dont think 1 is better than the other. Im a pc gamer at heart, but i just dnt really understand why ppl are still debating which console is better than the other- 6 YEARS AFTER RELEASE.. Dont get me wrong, i dnt bash console gamers, but do we still debate if the AMD Athlon 64 3800+ is better than the Intel Pentium 4 EE? No..

But, if i had to choose, id say i preffer the 360 over the PS3.
a b î Playstation
May 9, 2011 12:19:55 PM

tharagon said:
I have got both systems, and some of the same games, in my opinion the Xbox 360 is better.

It runs games quicker, due to its Video card that is literally 10 times quicker.

It's downright ugly
No blu-ray
No internet browser

Wireless internet
Blu-ray
Internet browser

Lag, freeze, blackouts
Games cost more

Why aren't sony well enough secured? They are a major company, and should therefore be nearly impossible to hack (Remember nothing is impossible, even NASA can be hacked)

What is your opinions?

You must have a defective PS3. I've never experienced these problems you are having in 3 years of owning a PS3.

Lag, freeze, blackouts

As for changing hard drives, other than backing up the drive and restoring, the change out procedure takes 5 minutes or less on a PS3.

Other than that, just buy the system that has the most games you like to play.
Related resources
May 10, 2011 3:14:23 PM

I believe that the xbox is better because:

1. Xbox live did not get hacked and jeopardize our financial information.
2. Xbox live experience is much better than that of the ps3.
3. Kinect blows move out of the water.
4. Controller layout (to me) is more comfortable.
5. Online community is more interactive.

People complain about the cost of Xbox live that is the thing most complained about by PS fans, but look what PS is doing it is slowly moving into the same thing, as for the PS online hack, the reason it happened was because they had minimal security as to keep the cost down for them to save money having the online as they do. Don't get me wrong, i love the blu-ray in the ps3 but other than that i could care less about owning one (as i do).
May 10, 2011 4:33:02 PM

in my opinion, this debate has no merit, if you like the console, more than the other one, get the one you like and sell the one you don't like. It's simple as that. And that is precisely why I'm sticking with PC gaming, I get my rig set up the way I like it, I get the games I like for it and I don't have to complain about this or that, cause it's my own creation. If I messed something up I can fix it, not wait for company to maybe fix it...
a b î Playstation
May 10, 2011 5:47:34 PM

AntiZig said:
in my opinion, this debate has no merit, if you like the console, more than the other one, get the one you like and sell the one you don't like. It's simple as that. And that is precisely why I'm sticking with PC gaming, I get my rig set up the way I like it, I get the games I like for it and I don't have to complain about this or that, cause it's my own creation. If I messed something up I can fix it, not wait for company to maybe fix it...

A lot of us here have a gaming rig, ps3, and xbox. The best of all worlds. ;) 
May 10, 2011 6:16:47 PM

To be honest Xbox isn't much better than the PS3. They have similar hardware, but PS3 is harder to code for due to the Cell Chip, although on Graphics Comparisions with the games the differences are neglectable. I feel its ridiculous that MS charge for Xbox Live, its not that I can't afford it but WHY? Why would I want to pay just to play online? Traditionally with all PC and PS2 games, its free to play online as long as you have a internet connection. Xbox Live doesn't even offer ANYTHING better than the Online Services of my PC. As for PSN, its free people stop moaning. Anything can get hacked, don't blame Sony, blame the hackers. Why would you want to be such a dick and take down the PSN anyways? Get a life?

Don't tell me I'm a fan boy cos I own all the Consoles PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Mid End Gaming PC. Pick what you want, they all offer you the same gaming experience. You play for fun, which ever gives you the most fun go for which ever. If all your friends was on PS3, then obviously you would get more fun with a PS3. The same applies with the Xbox, PC and even perhaps the Wii. Theres no better console, they all have their own exclusives. Although I agree that the Wii isn't particularly good for hardcore gamers.

I find that its better with these generation of consoles, they are more equal compared to last generation. The PS2 just whooped everyones arse despite having the shittest hardware. Which led to developers dropping support on Xbox and Gamecube, which further more boosted the PS2 sales. Its good nowadays, almost the most generic games are being released on every console, like Black Ops is on Wii, PC, 360, PS3 so everyone can talk about it. Just pick which ever you feel like, you won't miss out anything special just for picking a particular console. Although at times like this where the PSN is down, you might be able to find good deals of PS3's on ebay.

PC GAMING RULES! (haha I had to add that)
May 10, 2011 7:54:32 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
A lot of us here have a gaming rig, ps3, and xbox. The best of all worlds. ;) 

man, a lot of you are rich basterds :D  when do you find the time to play all 3?

PS> sorry for off top
May 13, 2011 10:00:20 PM

I have had ps3 for three years now and it has freezed on me for maybe just one or two times so that definitely hasn't been an issue. Not an avid gamer,
but i play at least once a week. lately MW2 multiplayer co-op fecking rocks \o/
May 15, 2011 8:28:19 PM

My PS3 hasn't had any of these problems. The PSN is back up. Also, how is *not* being able to play music and games simultaneously a "pro"? To me that's like a mega-con.

Anyways, here's the skinny: the Xbox doesn't have a single exclusive game that can go up against industry beasts such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and God of War. Need I mention Uncharted?

Don't call me a fanboy: I've got 29 Xbox 360 games sitting in a pile right here next to me (with only 9 PS3 games on top of the pile). The Xbox has Gears of War... and that's about it. Everything else is non-exclusive.
May 16, 2011 4:48:38 PM

totally agree. before (psx n ps2 vs xbox era) you were forced to buy certain consoles because of exclusive games for it. nowadays that is a very small issue if at all
May 24, 2011 12:32:29 AM

I have never seen my PS3 freeze or lag once or black outs. And games do not run better on Xbox from bench marks ive seen when comparing the same game they are pretty much = and in a lot of cases the PS3 is actually slightly faster.

And I also own both consoles, but I only own 1 game for the xbox which is gears of war 2. Other than that I use the PS3 for everything else. I have had my xbox freeze on me once though. The only reason i even have a xbox is gears of war, can;t wait for part 3. And as for the Wii well i could care less about the Wii. Dont own one and never will.
June 5, 2011 4:00:59 AM

I seen xbox 360s lag more than my 06 ps3 ever did. They can both "lag" offline AND online. I get sick of this xbox live never lags crap. It lag's just like the ps3 does. I have both and they are good, but my PS2 has not died on me yet and it's from 01. I have not seen my PS3 lag spit screen, but I played on a xbox 360 back in 05 that you could not play for more than 15 min before it over heated and locked up. I have seen 3 dead xbox 360 in stores and I played MW2 spit screen on one and it made a big lag.

P.S My first PS3 called itself a Ps2 and then died. ( I should have made a vid, but I did not think it would die so fast.)
June 5, 2011 4:17:59 PM

it called itself a Ps2???
June 5, 2011 4:36:30 PM

hooru said:
it called itself a Ps2???

Yes it did under system name it said: PS2-xxx. ( The xxx are numbers that I do not remember right now.)

It would not let me set it to 1080i only 480p. I was going to take it back and then it died.
June 5, 2011 4:47:45 PM

lol, ive never heard of that happening before... u shoulda got sum pics
June 5, 2011 4:55:44 PM

hooru said:
lol, ive never heard of that happening before... u shoulda got sum pics

I wish I had got some, but at the time I was thinking it was the ps3s RROD. If I would have known that it was unheard of then I would have taken some PIC of it.
February 14, 2012 9:16:53 AM

I had a PS3 for years, but looking back since Skyrim was released for PC I can see what the console misses and a major downside.

With the PC the community tends to revitalise a lot of games with mods. It can be made harder, easier, or changed into something entirely different for funs. It can be customised completely, you can even change your character into a different character from a different game. You can make it look better, with much higher definition and higher resolution models or surfaces, more detailed objects created by the community itself, or even extra dynamics (Bouncing breasts for instance as added in Skyrim for the PC by the community. Not a great example, but extra dynamics by a community of modders is an amazing step).

The problem with the console is how closed it is. So many restrictions added to stop people pirating the game. Even the capability for Linux on the PS3 was removed to up the security of Sony's games. Even the development tools are limited, because you have to depend on the official SDKs released rather than having the flexibility of using multiple development tools & engines like you do on the PC.

To top it off the console is much harder to repair due to the inability to transfer your copyrighted material easily. You can't just switch a HDD (Though I hard you might be able to use a specific mode in Ghost, but I haven't been able to confirm it), which is a horrible dilemma to leave customers with if their console dies. It's also harder to dismantle the console than a PC and change parts, even you even can change the parts because a lot of the time they're proprietary.

It's good value for the money as long as it lasts, but when it starts breaking down it becomes more expensive. I like having a console, but lately I've been leaning a lot more for the PC these days.
February 14, 2012 5:34:13 PM

I think the Xbox Controller is much, much, much more comfortable. But I recently switched to PC gaming and couldn't be happier with my snazzy new rig.
a b î Playstation
February 14, 2012 6:29:23 PM

gaming in general is not what it used to be in the early 00's. during that time we had hundreds of games for consoles worth playing as well as plenty of great releases for pc.

now we are stuck with copy upon copy upon copy of modern warefare or call of duty style titles or various others which aren't worth $5 in the bargain bin. even current remakes such as starcraft 2 fail to perform. both the pc and console gaming market needs to bring back the innovation and huge selection of titles. all we get now are dlc and rehashed content (like in soul calibur v). that is fine if i'm paying $15 for the game but if i'm paying $60 i expect more.

as far as the ps3 vs x360 debate: both have known issues. personally i prefer the sony controller and the fact that the ps3 has blueray playback. it also features dvd upconversion. the only real pitfall is that its architecture is so vastly different from the other systems that most coders do not take advantage of everything it can offer. for the price its a great deal of hardware which is why the military made a supercomputing farm out of them.

February 26, 2012 6:02:07 PM

theone1223 said:
I believe that the xbox is better because:

1. Xbox live did not get hacked and jeopardize our financial information.
2. Xbox live experience is much better than that of the ps3.
3. Kinect blows move out of the water.
4. Controller layout (to me) is more comfortable.
5. Online community is more interactive.

People complain about the cost of Xbox live that is the thing most complained about by PS fans, but look what PS is doing it is slowly moving into the same thing, as for the PS online hack, the reason it happened was because they had minimal security as to keep the cost down for them to save money having the online as they do. Don't get me wrong, i love the blu-ray in the ps3 but other than that i could care less about owning one (as i do).

um xbox does get hacked all the time just nowhere near the extent sony did. sony pissed people off because of that holtz lawsuit and taking out the other os option, so they were deliberatly targeted.
November 14, 2012 9:49:43 PM

:sol: 
tharagon said:

It's downright ugly
No blu-ray
No internet browser

Wireless internet
Blu-ray
Internet browser

Lag, freeze, blackouts
Games cost more

What is your opinions?

ch7058: To me, Xbox 360 has better graphics and we don't have the yellow lite of deathhttp://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/sol...
November 14, 2012 9:50:25 PM

tharagon said:

It's downright ugly
No blu-ray
No internet browser

Wireless internet
Blu-ray
Internet browser

Lag, freeze, blackouts
Games cost more

What is your opinions?

ch7058: To me, Xbox 360 has better graphics and we don't have the yellow lite of death
May 6, 2013 8:18:39 AM

Both our great but ps3 wins in truthness for several reasons.......one the controller is fully charable of the system can be wired or wireless and no silly battery pack or buying seperate crap just the controller itself comes with whats needed......two free internet and browsing able psn plus exists but needed and without playing onli e still there where as xbox is what was it $60 a year for online gaming and ps3 got wireless.....finally higher def where tge ps3 noy only has better graphics it also has 1080p capable not the lesser 1080i plus blu ray versus none and as a p.s. Only my original ps3 flunked but i tryed to rig it so my fault just take care of your system is all thats needed and ive heard plenty have issues with xbox so no claims of it is exempt geez and finally have a slim and superslim models both great and zero problems......yes xbox has kinect but its costly and unnessary and in my opinion needs work but that my opinion
May 14, 2013 7:26:07 PM

They both have their own pros and cons. People that get prideful about it are annoying. I personally prefer the Playstation...
May 14, 2013 9:42:08 PM

Who cares. We might as well compare mobile devices while we're at it because they're on the same level in terms of graphics and superior in terms of additional/supporting features.
May 15, 2013 1:55:55 AM

Dont have either, but i came here to check out if my suspicion was correct that basicly it was a bragging contest of fanboys from the playstation vs fanboys from the xbox.

I think Gridironcj quite nailed it.
!