Any experience printing in Windows from a HP Thinkjet 2225A?

Hi All
Looking for someone who may have setup a HP 2225A (thinkjet with HP-IB port)
in Windows98. I do not believe anything is wrong with the printer. The GPIB
card is recognized and even the printer is recognized by card. It is just
that the regular way of setting up Windows printers does not work or maybe
it needs a special driver or something. I would appreciate any help on this.

regards

--
http://QLiner.com

The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 01:00:59 -0400, stewart allen wrote:

>Hi All
>Looking for someone who may have setup a HP 2225A (thinkjet with HP-IB port)
>in Windows98. I do not believe anything is wrong with the printer. The GPIB
>card is recognized and even the printer is recognized by card. It is just
>that the regular way of setting up Windows printers does not work or maybe
>it needs a special driver or something. I would appreciate any help on this.
>
>regards
>

>--
>http://QLiner.com
>
>The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.

Which driver are you using, with what GPIB card?

Under DOS, I think you had to run the IBCONF utility. Rename the device
for the HP 2225A to LPT2 or LPT3. Any attempt to print to those ports should
then work.

I am not sure how to do this under Windows 98.

Aidan Grey