Intel Talks Hourglass Syndrome ''Computer Rage''

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGKitov

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Well I usualy kick my PC when it freezes/boots, for no apparent reason, once I got so mad I managet to crack the front plastic of the case (don't worry it a 5 year old cheap case)

:D

I can relate, I sometime hit my keyboard hard enough to see the dust come out from under the keys. I blame it on poor system I/O performance. Slow drives and poor bandwidth to the cpu are quick ways to piss me off when I am doing my gaming.

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I tend to rage these days not because my computer is slow thanks to Tomshardware... but rather because mofos are head shotting me while spraying the AK from 50 feet away on Aztec. Can someone PLZ explain how this is happening again without hax?

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I don't have the hourglass syndrome, I have ubuntu.

Seriously though, I haven't had a problem with my systems performance during actual work for the last half a year, the only thing that bugs me is how slow windows 7 starts up, not just the boot process, but, after it has initialized the windows manager/desktop environment, it still takes about 30 seconds to deal with the admin stuff.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
As a very longtime PC user I would say that getting frustrated
was a thing of the past for sometime now. Of course this is likely
due to having to actually endure with the past and a simply perception.
But I have learned to truly appreciate what we have today and look foward
to what we will have tomorrow.

boltimuss

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Nah, I like to keep my job, plus I get the bonus of not having to pay my employer (after being fired) to replace the computer...

While I'm able to control myself, getting a SSD means I don't need to worry about having to do so. It's the best user-experience upgrade you can possibly apply to a typical PC (unless perhaps you're still struggling along with a work-PC that only has 512MB of RAM).

elkein

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
I personally like to abuse my keyboard, and it's something I have occasionally escalated. I give a command and if it starts taking an unexpected amount of time I issue another, no response, I'll dump on two more different items, still not getting my original request done? I'll just open two hundred more windows take that you POS. Don't like it out mr CPU, it's too bad you can't feel the individual keys breaking and flying when I break the keyboard over the edge of the desk. Bwahahaha

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
I've done it all.I've kicked the chassis, banged on the mouse, banged on the keyboard, banged on the glass surface of my desk, punched the screen, and hit the sofa near me.Not to mention curses.

G

I no longer have "hourglass syndrome" after upgrading to a AMD Phenom II x6 1055t Overclocked from 2.8 just a bit to 3.6 GHz and a bottom of the barrel OCZ Onyx SSD drive and 4 gigs of DDR3 OCZ Gold @ 1600MHz. MUCH better than a Quad core. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than a Alienware m11x laptop that I hated so much after buying, the Core 2 Duo was so slow, I sent it back and got the XPS and both my Desktop and my laptop are finally faster than I can keep up! Yay! Bout time technology got as fast as were were promised!

G

The first video sucked, but the second one was pretty good. I liked the "ask your kids, if you have any" line, lol.

I agree with others that waiting isn't really an issue anymore. The only time I may be affected by "hourglass syndrome" is while streaming online video. Otherwise, as long as the hard drive is defragmented and there aren't any viruses, everything should be golden.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
How does a Intel CPU decrease boot up times unless you're running something older than a pentium 4?

They should be advertising their SSD's more than their CPU's.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
well i almost always has the best hardware but internet lagg omg nothing ticks me off more. right in the moment of black ops you got in a knife fight then all freezes for 1 sec and then your powned on the ground,

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
[citation][nom]Kileak[/nom]Strangely, the only times I've experienced "Hourglass syndrome" was when I used Intel powered machines...[/citation]
but not 2010 intel powered machines!

Status
Not open for further replies.