Foxprow to run on WinXP

Cyrus

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
I have an old program compiled using Microsoft Foxpro 2.6 (probably win31 version). It used to be running on Pentium 1 proccessor with Windows 97 without any problem. Because of the demand, we must upgrade the PC and the new PC is Athlon XP 1500+. There're 2 OSes installed, Win98SE and WinXP SP2.

The program won't run on WinXP, showing error message "Devided by zero". On the Win98SE there's always an error message everytime we start the program. It says:

"Foxprow

An error has occures in your program.
To keep working anyway, click Ignore and save your work in a new file. To quit this program, click Close.
You will lose information you entered since your last Save."

The program runs well if we click Ignore. However our main OS is the WinXP and the 98 one is for backup and maintenance only.

Is there anyone know why did it happen, and how to make it run on WinXP? Without debugging of course. ^^

Thanks in advance.

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
XP Compatibility is about your only option I would think.
I tried to get the game Links LS 98 to run on XP and it wouldn't run until I used the XP Compatibility. Now it zips along just fine.

!#&$ <font color=blue> :eek: </font color=blue>---<font color=green><i><b>It's not heavy,...it's my computer</font color=green></i></b>