Closed

Win7 problems with my setup...any suggestions

I recently decided to install windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my pc however i'm faced with an awful problem.

When i tried to install it for the first time, during the installation i got a black screen with the monitor returning the "No Signal" message. I think i made it through "Completing Installation" stage

The DVD of Windows 7 ultimate 64bit works coz i managed to install it on my laptop (Acer 5739G) without any problems.

After painful days i managed to insert Win7 hot fixes on my dvd but not the ATI drivers. DISM is giving me errors when i try to insert my ATI 4870 drivers. Then i stumbled on a third party program (7Customiser) which is based on DISM however this program includes some unattended options.

Therefore after using this third party program i manage to get a working WIN7 dvd which should cotain win 7 updates, an unattended setup file, however without ATI 4870 drivers

I installed the "modified" Win7 however i still get the "No Signal" error from my monitor. I think i does get into the user login screen coz when i press "Winkey, right arrow key, right arrow key, then R" (restart shortcut) the pc does restart.

Then i decided to enter safe mode and finally i do get into desktop. (So far an improvement).

However I'm getting the following items in the Device Manager > Other Devices : Mass Storage Controller, RTL8187_Wireless, & Unkown Device.

I Tried to install the Vista 64 drivers since those were available on Asus web site. I tried changing the compatibility options however it is disabled in safe mode. So apperently i can't solve this issues until i get to the normal desktop.

An additional note the device manager does return the correct display adapter drivers.

I had also tried the following options from the Advanced Boot Options after i managed to get into safemode desktop: (However no luck. didn't work)
-Enable low resolution video (640*480)
-Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

OS being installed: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Mobo: Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe with wifi card
Video card: Saphire HD 4870 GDDR5 1GB
Sound: Onboard sound card
RAM 2GB (will upgrade to 4gb shortly)
HDD: Western Digital 250Gb sata hard disk
USB Mouse and keyborad

Any suggestions or possible solutions ? any input accepted. These are details that i can think of. I will post additional details on your request.

thanks
Juvealert

Edit : My CPU AMD Athlon 64 4600+
2 answers Last reply
More about win7 problems setup suggestions
  1. [Solved]

Issue: Video card drivers that came inbuilt withing the win7 dvd were old. Manually updated the driver and managed to access desktop in normal mode
  2. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7