asus+athlon=junk

G

after 3 different posts here, and no answers from here, asus, or tech support from where i bought my barebones, i am returning my "T-bird" and going back to PIII. long live intel!

G

Sorry to hear that. That's the combo I am considering.
I hope I have better luck.

Take Care.
What the heck was that all about!

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You must be really stupid or just really unlucky because mine is working flawlessly.

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile:

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
That's a quite rude of you to say that, why don't you try helping out instead, I've just got that combination and am going to build it when all the compnents arrive, we need the advice of people who have already got a set up like that.

Hope someone can give advice on all the the things which need to be done to patch it up for optimum performance.

G

> after 3 different posts here, and no answers from here, asus, or tech support from where i bought my barebones, i am returning my "T-bird" and going back to PIII. long live intel!

Wow, less than 24 hours and you're giving up due to lack of responses. No offense, but the world doesn't stop to help one person. I for one have been out of town for the weekend and have had many hundreds of posts to read so I'm sure I'm just SO sorry for not responding faster.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Occasionally someone comes around and gives up as quickly as you did. Not much to say....

I should add, that I just got around to this part of the forum, but since you already gave up after a day (??) I guess I won't read your post.

<font color=red>Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.</font color=red>
Pablo Picasso<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dhlucke on 04/23/01 03:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
What was the problem?

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
I've been running an A7V with a 1ghz Thunderbird for 6 months and never had a problem other than than the ATA100 feature being a pain in the arse. Hope that helps so I won't get called an a-hole too!

-- If you recycled your computer, would you get enough money to buy a pizza? --

Shocwavez

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
As I stated in your other post, you might have got a bum CPU with all the Windows protection errors your getting.

:tongue: <font color=green> I LOVE INTEL. It tastes like chicken </font color=green>