Opinions on Crysis2 after Playing

overall the game has a balance, that the other games didn't have.
its still very linear and doesn't offer any real variation in gameplay.
also it didnt offer the full 3 dimensional free roaming cityscape that was hyped in the promos. which is a real shame. nor does it really play on the tactical elements which promised to be a big part of the experience
then theres the lack of modern gfx support. the game could have looked so much better, not that it looks bad. but it could have been so much more.

overall 7/10 for a pc game. 9/10 for a console game.

It was enjoyable. I never read up on the development of the game nor did I read / watch any promos. I barely read any reviews prior to buying it just to avoid learning anything other than it was worth playing. The gameplay is a little different from the original game.

- Very linear game. I am used to playing games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, Morrowind which are free form so nearly any FPS game is linear to me. Which is probably why I don't play FPS games much.

- I like the fact that you can upgrade your armor during the game.

- I think the game allows for good tactics as long as you plan ahead of time. My playing style is mostly stealth so many of my kills are by a knife through the throat. I even killed a few Ceph Heavies by smacking them in the back with my weapon (which had to be done several, several times); that took a while to do. Of course there are many time when a firefight cannot be avoided.

- Never heard of "free roaming cityscape" for the game. And if I did, I would have not believed it anyway since Manhattan is far too big for the designers to implement anyway. It would have been nice to see my apartment build in the game though.

- I like the fact that it I can use keystrokes to access the nanosuit's options, but it would have been nice if they also kept the original controls for the mouse.

- In a way, it was more immersive than the original Crysis basically because Crysis took place around North Korea, yet the KPA soldiers were issuing orders to each other in English. Might as stage the game in Jamaica.

- Missed the fact that your character (Alcatraz) does not actually speak during the game unlike Nomad or Psycho (from Warhead). At least not until the very end where he says "They call me Prophet" using Prophet's voice I believe.

- CryEngine 3 runs a lot better than CryEngine 2. Wish my old Radeon X1900XT was still working to compare the two engines.

- Even though I still use Win XP, Crytek should have released the game with DX11 already integrated instead of having people wait for a stupid patch. The main fan base is in the PC arena, not consoles. They should have just delayed the released and damn the console gamers.