Incoming phones calls on your bill

Last response: in Network Providers
October 21, 2004 4:36:16 AM

Any idea why verizon doesn't show the phone number that called you on your
bill??? All it shows is my cell number and a note saying incoming??
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 4:36:17 AM

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:36:16 GMT, "Chuck Drake"
<drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote:

>Any idea why verizon doesn't show the phone number that called you on your
>bill??? All it shows is my cell number and a note saying incoming??

Because they apparently didn't find the cost of incorporating CID or
ANI capture into the billing stream worth doing.
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 1:36:31 PM

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.

We appreciate your inquiry regarding incoming call details, and we will be
happy to assist you.

The number of the person calling you is not supplied on any of our bills due
to Federal privacy regulations. Incoming calls will be reflected on your
statement as your own wireless number. We apologize for any inconvenience
this may cause.

Well this is what they sent to me...kinda stupid as the number shows on my
phone..just save me a lot of trouble not having to keep track of this stuff
everyday...
Related resources
October 21, 2004 1:36:32 PM

"Chuck Drake" <drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.
>
> We appreciate your inquiry regarding incoming call details, and we will be
> happy to assist you.
>
> The number of the person calling you is not supplied on any of our bills
due
> to Federal privacy regulations. Incoming calls will be reflected on your
> statement as your own wireless number. We apologize for any inconvenience
> this may cause.

Interesting, if you owned a 8xx (WATS) number you would get the number of
every person who called because you are paying for the service. In fact CID
blocking does not work when your 8xx number is called because it isn't used.
Since you are paying for the cell time the same should apply.

> Well this is what they sent to me...kinda stupid as the number shows on my
> phone..just save me a lot of trouble not having to keep track of this
stuff
> everyday...

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 5:38:24 PM

George wrote:
> "Chuck Drake" <drakechuck@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.
>>
>> We appreciate your inquiry regarding incoming call details, and we
>> will be happy to assist you.
>>
>> The number of the person calling you is not supplied on any of our
>> bills due to Federal privacy regulations. Incoming calls will be
>> reflected on your statement as your own wireless number. We
>> apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
>
> Interesting, if you owned a 8xx (WATS) number you would get the
> number of every person who called because you are paying for the
> service. In fact CID blocking does not work when your 8xx number is
> called because it isn't used. Since you are paying for the cell time
> the same should apply.

Isn't it true that cell providers and pots providers fall under different
sets of regulations?

-Quic
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 9:49:16 PM

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:38:24 -0700, "Quick"
<quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>> Interesting, if you owned a 8xx (WATS) number you would get the
>> number of every person who called because you are paying for the
>> service. In fact CID blocking does not work when your 8xx number is
>> called because it isn't used. Since you are paying for the cell time
>> the same should apply.
>
>Isn't it true that cell providers and pots providers fall under different
>sets of regulations?

I'm not sure if they are or aren't. But if not, they should be
treated equally. Hell, VZW doesn't even need to use ANI, I'd be happy
with them capturing the number sent through CID and putting it in the
billing record when they write it to their database. From a
programming standpoint, I think that is all that really needs to be
done.
!