• Dell
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 10, 2011 6:55:21 PM

Hello, Dell laptop only plays games in window mode

More about : games plat full screen

a b D Laptop
May 10, 2011 11:19:11 PM

press the right alt key and return together. to switch to full screen.

in a lot of games there is an gfx option to run in windowed mode. make sure you uncheck that and hit apply or ok
m
l
May 11, 2011 3:22:56 PM

unhappy_72 said:
Hello, Dell laptop only plays games in window mode

+1 to HEXiT's post.
Pressing Alt-Enter, while in-game, can run games on full screen and windowed.
What games do you play ?
m
l
Related resources
May 14, 2011 9:46:48 PM

HEXiT said:
press the right alt key and return together. to switch to full screen.

in a lot of games there is an gfx option to run in windowed mode. make sure you uncheck that and hit apply or ok

Hi - alt enter doesn't work - If there is a gfx option - I don't know where it is - I have the play full screen box checked on the all games.

I've tried everything I know how to do - I called Dell - they (teckys) said it was a software problem and for 85.00 they could tell me how to fix it - _ think this is BS because I can play the same games on my Dell Desktop which is a 24 inche monitor and THEY play full screen - AND if I plug in an additional monitor (on the laptop) the game plays full screen on it - really weird - would say it's a monitor problem except windows (free cell) plys full screen on it ???
The games I am playing are from Big fish games, Game house and Phantom EFX - so I am at a loss - any other ideas?

TIA, Jaci
m
l
May 14, 2011 9:49:10 PM

Gman450 said:
+1 to HEXiT's post.
Pressing Alt-Enter, while in-game, can run games on full screen and windowed.
What games do you play ?

Hi - alt enter doesn't work - I have the play full screen box checked on all my games that have that option.I've tried everything I know how to do - I called Dell - they (teckys) said it was a software problem and for 85.00 they could tell me how to fix it - _ I think this is BS because I can play the same games on my Dell Desktop which is a 24 inch monitor and THEY play full screen - AND if I plug in an additional monitor (on the laptop) the game plays full screen on it - really weird - would say it's a monitor problem except windows (free cell) plays full screen on it ???
The games I am playing are from Big fish games, Game house and Phantom EFX - so I am at a loss - any other ideas?

TIA, Jaci
m
l
a b D Laptop
May 14, 2011 10:26:12 PM

did you keep alt pressed then hit return... enter as in the return key not the enter key on the numpad. sorry if that confused you.
m
l
May 15, 2011 12:43:42 AM

HEXiT said:
did you keep alt pressed then hit return... enter as in the return key not the enter key on the numpad. sorry if that confused you.

Well I hope it is the right one - I used the one by the letters - NOT the one by the numbers and yes I kept thr alt key pressed - hateful computer - will never buy another one - my old toshiba (XP) worked just fine - just didn't have enough oomph to run the new 3d games - any other suggestions (other than tosiing it off the deck?)
m
l
a b D Laptop
May 15, 2011 3:05:25 AM

yes thats the rite 1. i guess your still having no luck...
if you go into control panel and open up the graphics panel there may be a setting to enable full screen gaming. my m8's toshiba had such a menu for its IGP.
m
l
May 15, 2011 3:58:56 AM

HEXiT said:
yes thats the rite 1. i guess your still having no luck...
if you go into control panel and open up the graphics panel there may be a setting to enable full screen gaming. my m8's toshiba had such a menu for its IGP.

Well if theres a graphics panel in Windows 7 pro - Dell has hidden it - I did tell u that windows free cell plays ful screen - and that's wierd also the 2nd monitor plays full screen - beats me - but is rather disgusting - I've only had the laptop for a year or less - oh well - Thnks for trying.

Jaci
m
l
March 13, 2013 2:12:33 PM

i have a net book/ dell. I have it plugged into a monitor and the game im playing has a full screen option but it will not let me do it. It will go into full screen but as soon as i press play it goes right back down to small and brings up a small box that says stings does not allow duplicate. How do i get it to go back to full screen, it was working a while ago and now it just quit
m
l
March 13, 2013 2:12:33 PM

i have a net book/ dell. I have it plugged into a monitor and the game im playing has a full screen option but it will not let me do it. It will go into full screen but as soon as i press play it goes right back down to small and brings up a small box that says stings does not allow duplicate. How do i get it to go back to full screen, it was working a while ago and now it just quit
m
l
!