Help - games will not plat full screen

unhappy_72

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Hi - alt enter doesn't work - If there is a gfx option - I don't know where it is - I have the play full screen box checked on the all games.

I've tried everything I know how to do - I called Dell - they (teckys) said it was a software problem and for 85.00 they could tell me how to fix it - _ think this is BS because I can play the same games on my Dell Desktop which is a 24 inche monitor and THEY play full screen - AND if I plug in an additional monitor (on the laptop) the game plays full screen on it - really weird - would say it's a monitor problem except windows (free cell) plys full screen on it ???
The games I am playing are from Big fish games, Game house and Phantom EFX - so I am at a loss - any other ideas?

TIA, Jaci

unhappy_72

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Hi - alt enter doesn't work - I have the play full screen box checked on all my games that have that option.I've tried everything I know how to do - I called Dell - they (teckys) said it was a software problem and for 85.00 they could tell me how to fix it - _ I think this is BS because I can play the same games on my Dell Desktop which is a 24 inch monitor and THEY play full screen - AND if I plug in an additional monitor (on the laptop) the game plays full screen on it - really weird - would say it's a monitor problem except windows (free cell) plays full screen on it ???
The games I am playing are from Big fish games, Game house and Phantom EFX - so I am at a loss - any other ideas?

TIA, Jaci

unhappy_72

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Well I hope it is the right one - I used the one by the letters - NOT the one by the numbers and yes I kept thr alt key pressed - hateful computer - will never buy another one - my old toshiba (XP) worked just fine - just didn't have enough oomph to run the new 3d games - any other suggestions (other than tosiing it off the deck?)

unhappy_72

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Well if theres a graphics panel in Windows 7 pro - Dell has hidden it - I did tell u that windows free cell plays ful screen - and that's wierd also the 2nd monitor plays full screen - beats me - but is rather disgusting - I've only had the laptop for a year or less - oh well - Thnks for trying.

Jaci

Nancy Rae Gates

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
i have a net book/ dell. I have it plugged into a monitor and the game im playing has a full screen option but it will not let me do it. It will go into full screen but as soon as i press play it goes right back down to small and brings up a small box that says stings does not allow duplicate. How do i get it to go back to full screen, it was working a while ago and now it just quit

Nancy Rae Gates

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
i have a net book/ dell. I have it plugged into a monitor and the game im playing has a full screen option but it will not let me do it. It will go into full screen but as soon as i press play it goes right back down to small and brings up a small box that says stings does not allow duplicate. How do i get it to go back to full screen, it was working a while ago and now it just quit