Sign in with
Your question

cant get cd rom working on ide2 please help

Last response: in Motherboards
April 23, 2001 10:07:49 PM

Hopefully, this is just a stupid question and I have overlooked the obvious, but I just received a new MSI K7T? pro motherboard and Toshiba 12x DVD ROM. When I hook the harddrive up as primary on IDE1 the system boots fine, but when I hook the DVD ROM up on primary IDE2 the system wont recognizes. it. The jumper on the DVD is set to master. If I move my dvd-rom ide cable over to IDE1, that being the only variable changed, the system recognizes. it, without the hard drive hooked up. What is going on here? Did I miss a setting in the BIOS/cmos? Thanks.

Madison
mmcmajor@apex.net

More about : rom working ide2

April 23, 2001 10:25:29 PM

What about putting the HD on IDE 2? Does the system recognize it then? If not, I suspect your IDE 2 is disabled in your BIOS or otherwise suspect.

Beware the Sword of the Righteous, for it's hard to tell where the handle ends and the blade begins.
April 23, 2001 11:36:35 PM

As soon as i posted this I returned to the other system and it booted and saw the DVD Rom drive, so I installed windows and it restarted etc. I was working in WIN 98 and hit restart, when I did it was gone, as soon as it appeared. What do I do, is it something on the mobo? Please help.

Madison
mmcmajor@apex.net
Related resources
April 23, 2001 11:50:06 PM

I checked everything in the bioand it seems to be correct, what about on the MSI K7 Turbo Mobo? Any dip switches, jumpers, etc?
April 24, 2001 1:55:37 AM

When I put the Hard Drive on IDE 2 and the CD Drives on IDE 1 the system works fine. Why is this?

Madison
mmcmajor@apex.net
!