Verifying whether the linksys speedbooster technology is a..

I currently own the WRT54GS router, and the WPC54GS adapter. Firmware
version for the router is v3.37.2, and the driver version for the adapter is
3.50.21.11. The OS is Windows 2000 Server SP4 with the latest windows
updates installed.

How can I verify whether the SpeedBooster technology is active in my
connection? When viewing the link information using the wireless network
monitor v1.0, the transmit rate shows as being 54 Mbps. Should this be
showing as 'Speed Booster' instead? If this is an indicator that the speed
booster technology is not active, what steps can I take to troubleshoot this
so that I can get the speed booster technology to work? If not, what
indicator is there to tell me that the speedbooster is active?

On 12/1/04 7:29 AM, Doug wrote:

> How can I verify whether the SpeedBooster technology is active in my
> connection? When viewing the link information using the wireless network
> monitor v1.0, the transmit rate shows as being 54 Mbps. Should this be
> showing as 'Speed Booster' instead? If this is an indicator that the speed
> booster technology is not active, what steps can I take to troubleshoot this
> so that I can get the speed booster technology to work? If not, what
> indicator is there to tell me that the speedbooster is active?

I don't know how to figure out that ...

If you manage to do it, please let me know how much is the gain enabling
the SpeedBooster feature.

Thanks.