Status
Not open for further replies.

marean

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
I bought GTA IV from steam a couple weeks ago, and i have a problem, i can't go multiplayer. i enter the game, bring the phone up select multiplayer, and i get the message "You must be connected to Rockstar Games Social Club to play multiplayer". I don't really know what to do anymore, when i login to RGSC site it's fine, i have stats and achievements updated, bun in the game i can't access multiplayer. :cry:

marean

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
i launch the game from steam, after the launch, the social club aplication opens, i type in my social club details, i already linked my live account and gamer tag, so i click remind me later, after this, the game starts, in the first screen i click start, i bring up the phone, select multiplayer, player match, and then live and i get the message "You must be logged in Rockstar Games Social Club". please tell me if i do something wrong. i really wan't to solve this up.

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
found a solution that a lot has had issues to the steam issues with this game.
*more than likely just will need the update*
http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/RSGSC/index.html

"Then i looked into my C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Rockstar Games Social Club. after that i dragged the RGSCLauncher.exe and the 1_1_3_0 folder to my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv episodes from liberty city\EFLC OR GTAIV."

marean

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011

i did this, now, i get the message "failed to login to social club" i googleit and i found out that this is temporary so i hope it will be fine

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
well I've recently been able to play just fine on the normal GTA IV but lately people still been complaining for the steam version so not sure what else to tell you.

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Only reason that graphic requirements are far from normal is due to all the AI for the npcs are fairly complex since they all have the ablility to interact based on when they meet another one by running into them. Especially when you turn the Car Density up to max you will notice a lot of wrecks and dead people laying everywhere...

heitorsiller

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
I'm having now exactly the same Marean's problem. I was able to play online normally, but today suddenly when I click the "play" button on the first login screen, a new window is opened, asking to link gamertag to RGSC. I already did it, but now when I try to use the phone to go online, a "you must login into RGSC to go multiplayer", just like Marean described.

Any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.