RIFT low FPS comparison

WNxDrakin

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I know same old question but, My question is why does someone almost the same set up as I am and im being blown out of the water? My FPS in Meridian is 30-48 FPS. His FPS is 50-65. On Crysis 2 im capping my FPS at 60 FPS not sure if it will allow you to go higher but under afterburner it never dips or goes above 60 FPS even for hours of game play just a solid line graph. The guy I was speaking to was on the same server standing right next to me with all the same settings. He couldnt give me any pointers but he said he had someone build his and I have built my own only difference.

My set up

HAF 932
I5 2500K (OC 4.3ghz)
MSI P67A-GD53
ULTRA X4 850W POWER SUPPLY MODULAR
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLI
Corsair XMS 8GB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz

Also I changed all the settings as he did but there must be something outside the game im not doing correctly.

Edit: Oh yes I almost forgot I have read everything I can regarding this issue and have done almost everything people suggest and it has not changed. I wanted to post here to see if my equipment or some program I need to download that will either effect/solve my issue. :)

have you tried adjusting your game profiles in the nv control pannel?
it may be something as simple as your panel is set up for super sampling while his is on multi or normal. or you have your 3d panel set to high quality and his is set to balanced.

but normally i find that if i have a lower fps than i should have its because my ccc panel isnt set correctly for that game. maybe
has something to do with the type of MSAA or fsaa i have selected. you may be having the same issue with your nvidia panel.

Deathsagaxx

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Depends how old your pc is compared to his? next would be what types of programs you have running in the background, and like hex said, your graphic settings in the control panel of nvidia, a clean pc is a fast pc :D