V710 and ringtones stored in card

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hi all-

I can see the ringtones that I transferred into the flash card by switching
storage devices, but I do not have the option to use them when I go into my
address book to customize my ringers. I can see the ringtones stored in the
phone, but not the storage card. Any ideas?

Thanks!

"Dan" <dan@notvalid.net> wrote in message
> Hi all-
>
> I can see the ringtones that I transferred into the flash card by
> switching storage devices, but I do not have the option to use them when I
> go into my address book to customize my ringers. I can see the ringtones
> stored in the phone, but not the storage card. Any ideas?

Try copying or moving them to the phone from the storage card. Then you
should be able to use them as ringers.

"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Dan" <dan@notvalid.net> wrote in message
>> Hi all-
>>
>> I can see the ringtones that I transferred into the flash card by
>> switching storage devices, but I do not have the option to use them when
>> I go into my address book to customize my ringers. I can see the
>> ringtones stored in the phone, but not the storage card. Any ideas?
>
> Try copying or moving them to the phone from the storage card. Then you
> should be able to use them as ringers.

That's what I finally did. I was hoping that I could use the MP3's from the
storage card without copying, but I could not find a way to do it. What a
waste, huh?

Thanks for your response.