Banana PS3 controller for PC?

after seeing a lot of multiple 3rd party controllers for pc for many years I came to the following conclusion:
if you want a controller from some console, buy that controller and get a usb adapter for it. Works much better + quality + you know what to expect from it.

it's also cheaper if you already own a console and have the controller, then you just plug it into your pc with adapter and you're good to go.

G

well, I only want to play PCSX2, my ps2 dvd rom stopped working so, I just threw it away, I only have the xbox original console which I do not play since xbox live was discontinued, I used the controller to play pcsx2 and it was really hard to get used to without L1 and R1, so aside from cheap China made controllers, I only have the option of Logitech F310 (xinput AND direct input) or the Logitech gamepad(exactly same without xinput). What do you think?

Yea I researched a bit and found out that, it sucks for comfort.

so don't you have the controller from you PS2? or did you throw that away too? worst case head to game store and buy a ps2 controller that was made by sony, not some knock off piece of crap a 3rd party came up with. Logitec is the same, they make good keyboard + mouses, but they are just not in the controller business. Maybe you could find something out there that you like more than the original PS2 controller, but, if you preferred the PS2 controller, why not just get it? instead of trying to buy something that is similar.

I have a PS2 controller, I bought a usb adapter for it ($7) and it came with a mini cd with drivers. Ran the thing, it installed something and that was it. Plugged controller in and it worked fine ever since, didn't have any problems. This was on win XP.

You need drivers to make sure the outputs from the thing are read correctly, especially if you want to capture the analog on thumbsticks. Otherwise it will just read it digital.