islamthebest2000

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
i am using dual boot systems windows 7 64 bit and and windows xp sp3 32 bit in different partitions
i noticed that windows 7 changes the system partition of it to (c) every time it loads so is there any way to stop that and also alot of things in the partition of windows xp i cant access whiles using windows 7
help me plz and thanks :)

Jonmor68

Distinguished
"alot of things in the partition of windows xp i cant access whiles using windows 7"
From that I assume you can see the XP partition, to access your data files in XP you may need to take ownership as administrator, programs installed on XP can not be accessed and must be reinstalled in W7.

islamthebest2000

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008

i am not talking about the programs in program files i meant files like downloads in documents and settings
is there any way to control all the xp partition and thanks for ur reply

Sir - I believe you are making it more complicated than it needs to be. You are running two OSs - Each of these will name itself 'C', because that is the default. This harms nothing, and is merely a function of which one you happen to be using at the time.

If you want to access the XP drive from 7, right click it and take ownership in it's properties.

Done

islamthebest2000

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008

i pressed right click and then i went to security and choosed group ( every one ) and permission every 1 and owners is the adminstrator name in the 2 systems
but after i did that still when i try to open some folders the following message appears for me : u dont currently have permission
so and idea what to do again
and thanx for ur time