Sign in with
Your question

Everygame has a slowdown point

Last response: in Video Games
May 15, 2011 2:00:52 AM

Ok so I thought I was going crazy and it was just two games, but it turns out its all of the games I play, it runs perfectly fine on high quality "settings" any game, but there are random fps drops for no reason, in any game I play once again, I disabled the oc to the gpu, 6850 hd, disabled the oc to my cpu phenom II b.e. 965, and everything is updated completley, nothing seems ot overhead also, and my motherboard is a m4a77td/usb3 :(  any help would be great :) 
May 15, 2011 3:03:04 AM

no game gives constant fps they all have a minimum average and maximum if your within what is considered normal for that game then dont worry. if you have a game that gives a minimum of 61+ fps then turn vsnc on this will then lock the game at 60fps the game wont go under and when you have strobing effects like firing a gun in a dark room it will get rid of tearing.
the only time you should be bothered is if your consistently below what is considered normal for that game.
May 15, 2011 4:24:27 AM

HEXiT said:
no game gives constant fps they all have a minimum average and maximum if your within what is considered normal for that game then dont worry. if you have a game that gives a minimum of 61+ fps then turn vsnc on this will then lock the game at 60fps the game wont go under and when you have strobing effects like firing a gun in a dark room it will get rid of tearing.
the only time you should be bothered is if your consistently below what is considered normal for that game.

lets say it happens every 10 minutes, and the fps drags, to a crawl, I mean unplayable for 4 minutes, and its like this constantly, but for those 10, it runs perfect, "anything" does
Related resources
May 15, 2011 11:13:16 AM

then i would look at your temps.
10 mins to get to max temp. 4 mins of throttling to get it back down.
run real temp, core tem or hw monitor each have the max value the cpu went to.
just leave them running in the backround while you play.
you can do the same with gpu-z and even create a log file.

you may also want to check your antivirus, in that it suddenly doesn't decide to start heuristic checking every file thats loaded for the game.

finally check your scheduled tasks it may be you have something updating consistently like the time sync which is well known to interfere with cod 4

also running an app like win7 manager to optomize your system and get ridd of things you dont need by turning off services and backround tasks, helps. i dont have a home network so i disable everything pertaining to 1. this in itself removed half a dozen active processes. same goes for things like cams and other capture devices i dont use.
if you have a mobile and you have installed its software on the system, then make sure you clean out the startup items, you can always run the apps when needed from the start bar. but they dont have to be active all the time. same goes for a lot of other startup items.
i currently only have 5. my antivirus, my antimalware, my cccpannel, my logitech g930 panel and finaly my mouse panel.
May 16, 2011 10:14:17 PM

real temp is the name of the program that checks the temp for all the pc's components? I mean it couldnt be the cpu right? since its liquid cooled? erm the graphics card never goes higher than 50 and I use gamebooster, the only things on my pc are the games, and internet explorer, well plus gamebooster and ccleaner, everything else is set up to where I have to manually update it, so no auto check for updates, my antivirus is only spybot and the windows typical secruity center thing, sorry I forgot the name, but it isnt a hog on resources

but you said real temp? if thats a program ill get it for sure, im thinking of just upping to a 6970 graphics card since my power can still handle that, you think that would fix the issues?
!