Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Battlefield 3 system requirements

Last response: in Video Games
May 16, 2011 4:19:47 AM

Have there been any releases or leaks as to what requirements our systems will need to run the upcoming BF3?
currently, i have;
AMD phenom x4 955 3.2Ghz (OC to 3.6ghz)
ASRock 880G Extreme 3 motherboard
Corsair 1333mhz DDR3 4x2 Gb
XFX 750W Power Supply
XFX 5770 Graphics

Any ideas if i could run it?
or would it be an idea to upgrade?
May 16, 2011 6:27:48 AM

you should be able to run it fine on medium as the pc is the lead platform the recommended requirements may be slightly higher. minimum recommended will likely to be a dual core @3ghz and an 88gt. or there abouts.
m
l

Best solution

May 16, 2011 2:26:45 PM

Gobble45 said:
Have there been any releases or leaks as to what requirements our systems will need to run the upcoming BF3?
currently, i have;
AMD phenom x4 955 3.2Ghz (OC to 3.6ghz)
ASRock 880G Extreme 3 motherboard
Corsair 1333mhz DDR3 4x2 Gb
XFX 750W Power Supply
XFX 5770 Graphics

Any ideas if i could run it?
or would it be an idea to upgrade?

You should have no problems running the game. The minimum and recommended specs haven't been mentioned or leaked yet, but hopefully DICE reveals this info, as well as some info about multiplayer, during E3.
Related resources
May 16, 2011 8:18:33 PM

HEXiT said:
you should be able to run it fine on medium as the pc is the lead platform the recommended requirements may be slightly higher. minimum recommended will likely to be a dual core @3ghz and an 88gt. or there abouts.

Lets all pray they don't pull a Crytek and really do keep the PC as the lead platform. I just have a sinking feeling BF3 will be consolzied beyond belief. What financial incentive would a developer have to make the PC the lead platform when they can make tons of $$$ selling a sub par console turd. (Black Ops, Crysis 2).

I do really hope it runs well on a PC, but if you have hardware equal to or better than a console you should be fine. Just look at Crysis 2, its not breaking any new graphics territory.
m
l
May 16, 2011 9:31:39 PM

yer rite its not, yet we still see numpties on here saying its the best gfx ever... :lol: 
m
l
May 16, 2011 10:17:52 PM

yeah lets hope it is not consolized and that my rig runs it like a dream
m
l
May 17, 2011 11:16:03 AM

Consolized, a new word for the Collins English Dictionary, Definition = The Bastardisation of a game once intended for PC only to be completely ruined for the sake of the console masses and the example of hate that it there fore conjures of all the PC community.

Role on Mass Effect 3.
m
l
May 17, 2011 1:33:23 PM

I think people are getting worried about the eyecandy in that video for BF3. As far as graphics goes, DICE is said to be developing it for PC first, then giving the crapped out version to consoles. A good example of this is Metro 2033. The game looks amazing maxed out on PC imo, but they also released a console version, which is basically DX9 on low settings. My pont is, im sure you will be able to run it fine at least on settings high enough to have some form of eyecandy. Lets just hope it isnt like Crysis 2 and actually uses our computers for what they can do.
m
l
May 17, 2011 8:00:07 PM

Uther39 said:
Consolized, a new word for the Collins English Dictionary, Definition = The Bastardisation of a game once intended for PC only to be completely ruined for the sake of the console masses and the example of hate that it there fore conjures of all the PC community.

Role on Mass Effect 3.

+1000

Definition #2. Mediocre
m
l
May 27, 2011 12:37:13 AM

Best answer selected by gobble45.
m
l
!