Best TV for Console gaming

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • TV
  • LED Monitor
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
May 17, 2011 4:04:43 PM

I know it's been asked before, but TV tech has changed a little in the last couple of years. Looking for ideas about which TV tech is better for an X360 or PS3 gaming. Looking for a TV that is 42" or smaller and LCD/LED vs Plasma. A lot of the older threads don't have anything nice to say about plasma, but I've read that burn in is mostly a thing of the past. What do you guys think?

Gaming with X360 and PS3
LCD/LED or Plasma TV's 42" and smaller.

More about : console gaming

May 17, 2011 7:30:23 PM

I prefer LCD's because they use less power and anymore, they look almost as good as plasma's. I don't know if 3D is important to you, but the PS3 can now play 3D games on 3D tv's of course.
Score

Best solution

May 22, 2011 12:42:00 AM

Make sure it has a gaming mode or natively low input lag. 4ms would be my limit. I got an LG 32in for really cheap and have loved it.

I think the smallest you can get a plasma is 42in if that influences you at all. Burn in isn't as big an issue after you "break in" the plasma. I think it needs so many hours before it will be less susceptible to burn ins.

Ideally you should go to a store and see the picture side by side and see how you like it. Compare a few models, then research them online.
Related resources
May 25, 2011 11:44:25 PM

Get a decent HD Projector... It will blow all your mates LCDs/LEDS out of the water.
Score
May 26, 2011 1:13:11 PM

bennyboyreynolds said:
Get a decent HD Projector... It will blow all your mates LCDs/LEDS out of the water.

you forgot to mention you need to get a decent HD white wall with it
Score
May 26, 2011 9:13:50 PM

AntiZig said:
you forgot to mention you need to get a decent HD white wall with it

Grey wall with a nice deep black border to finish it off :p 
Score
May 27, 2011 2:15:00 AM

xbox has the 3d effect also, but if ur looking for constant headaches after playing for more than 4 hours at a time, look no further, but a 3d tv right away, but yes the projector is a nice addition, even tho a tad bit pricey, but what isnt now and days
Score
May 31, 2011 5:20:21 AM

Best answer selected by tr1ppz.
Score
May 31, 2011 5:24:50 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I've got a plasma model and an led that I'm going to test out in store. Also thx for the input about projection. That is something that will be happening in the near future and I'll definitely hit the forums up when the time comes.
Score
a b x TV
February 25, 2012 12:54:40 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score