Tribunal disappointing

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I just finished Tribunal, and although I liked it, I was underwhelmed.
I disliked the way most everything is indoors or underground, and the
only time I saw the sky, I was confined by walls. Although Mournhold
is an interesting town to see, one of the things I liked the most
about the main "Morrowind" game was the fact that I got to see the
diverse wilderness of Vvardenfell. Also, the storyline lacked the
intricacy of the main game. I won't spoil what happened, but I knew
who the villain was very early in the game, and they didn't scare me
the way the Sixth House did in the main game.

Is Bloodmoon worth the time investment?

"Wheeljak" <optimus@prime.net> wrote in message
> I just finished Tribunal, and although I liked it, I was underwhelmed.
> I disliked the way most everything is indoors or underground, and the
> only time I saw the sky, I was confined by walls. Although Mournhold
> is an interesting town to see, one of the things I liked the most
> about the main "Morrowind" game was the fact that I got to see the
> diverse wilderness of Vvardenfell. Also, the storyline lacked the
> intricacy of the main game. I won't spoil what happened, but I knew
> who the villain was very early in the game, and they didn't scare me
> the way the Sixth House did in the main game.
>
> Is Bloodmoon worth the time investment?

Bloodmoon was much much better IMO.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Wheeljak <optimus@prime.net> wrote in

> Is Bloodmoon worth the time investment?

In my humble opinion Bloodmoon is WAY better than Tribunal.

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I would say yes. If you like to be outside and look at the nature, Bloodmoon
is the one for you. They have bears and wolves and other te-te-te-terrifying
creatures like the udyrfrykte. And a nice landscape too.
Kheldar

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Is Bloodmoon better than Tribunal?

"Kheldar" <NiCo_HaSaRemove@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would say yes. If you like to be outside and look at the nature, Bloodmoon
> is the one for you. They have bears and wolves and other te-te-te-terrifying
> creatures like the udyrfrykte. And a nice landscape too.

No cliff racers either.

About the only thing that flies is a raven and it's on a break.

Of course those bristlebacks are a real pain if you're a low level
character.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"Kheldar" <NiCo_HaSaRemove@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I would say yes. If you like to be outside and look at the nature, Bloodmoon
>is the one for you. They have bears and wolves and other te-te-te-terrifying
>creatures like the udyrfrykte. And a nice landscape too.

And Fryse Hags. I hate having my strength drained.

Steve W.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Steve W. <wadding@erols.com> spake thus

> "Kheldar" <NiCo_HaSaRemove@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I would say yes. If you like to be outside and look at the nature,
>>Bloodmoon is the one for you. They have bears and wolves and other
>>te-te-te-terrifying creatures like the udyrfrykte. And a nice
>>landscape too.
>
> And Fryse Hags. I hate having my strength drained.

Cute names in Norwegian.
Udyrfrykte - monster fear
Fryse hag - freeze hag

Sounds like some of the old hags at work...

Steve W. <wadding@erols.com> writes:

> And Fryse Hags. I hate having my strength drained.

The Spriggans are the monsters I feared the most in Bloodmoon.

Fryse Hags weren't so bad. Having dreadful spells isn't so bad if
my boots of blinding speed let me get the first swing in. They
were annoying in one dungeon though where there were several of them
with no way to circle behind.

--
Darin Johnson
Where am I? In the village... What do you want? Information...

MERLIN

"Seymour C. Moore" <notv@l.id> skrev i en meddelelse
> Steve W. <wadding@erols.com> spake thus
>
> > "Kheldar" <NiCo_HaSaRemove@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I would say yes. If you like to be outside and look at the nature,
> >>Bloodmoon is the one for you. They have bears and wolves and other
> >>te-te-te-terrifying creatures like the udyrfrykte. And a nice
> >>landscape too.
> >
> > And Fryse Hags. I hate having my strength drained.
>
> Cute names in Norwegian.
> Udyrfrykte - monster fear
> Fryse hag - freeze hag
>
> Sounds like some of the old hags at work...

It is not norwegian. It is nordic, the language of the nords and the
vikings. It is the predecessor of all
the scandinavian languages, danish included.
Up to 1920 approximately, it was still taught in the
danish schools. What they speak on the Faraoe Islands

Merlin
is very close to nordic in many ways

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in news:408802da$0$146
$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk:

> "Seymour C. Moore" <notv@l.id> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Steve W. <wadding@erols.com> spake thus

> > > And Fryse Hags. I hate having my strength drained.
> >
> > Cute names in Norwegian.
> > Udyrfrykte - monster fear
> > Fryse hag - freeze hag
> >
> > Sounds like some of the old hags at work...

> It is not norwegian. It is nordic, the language of the nords and the
> vikings. It is the predecessor of all
> the scandinavian languages, danish included.
> Up to 1920 approximately, it was still taught in the
> danish schools. What they speak on the Faraoe Islands
>
> Merlin
> is very close to nordic in many ways

Well, "udyr", "frykte" and "fryse" are modern commonly used Norwegian
words.

"Seymour C. Moore" <notv@l.id> wrote:

> Well, "udyr", "frykte" and "fryse" are modern commonly used Norwegian words.

Mister, them's fighting words round these parts.

/ I can never get enough Deadwood*.

* um... the show on HBO... I don't suffer from necrophilia... I'm not
even a necromancer. http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/