startup password

We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember
the password at startup,,,

Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't
ask for a password when you open it?

Is it a chip I should change?

There most be a way to crack or to bypass it...
5 answers Last reply
More about startup password

    "Bouzzi" <bouzzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9KAne.14$Or5.8934@wagner.videotron.net...
    | We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember
    | the password at startup,,,
    |
    | Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't
    | ask for a password when you open it?
    |
    | Is it a chip I should change?
    |
    | There most be a way to crack or to bypass it...

    Hope you fired that employee. Try resetting the nvram.

    i'm having the same problem - a friend has gotten a second hand comp but
    can't do anything with it b/c of the password.

    this is a desktop (compaq or dell, i think). would this work for a desktop
    as well?

    "Jeff Schick" <spam@spamcop.net> wrote in message

    "Bouzzi" <bouzzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember
    | the password at startup,,,
    |
    | Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't
    | ask for a password when you open it?
    |
    | Is it a chip I should change?
    |
    | There most be a way to crack or to bypass it...

    Hope you fired that employee. Try resetting the nvram.

    "Bouzzi" <bouzzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember
    > the password at startup,,,
    >
    > Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't ask
    > for a password when you open it?

    Contact HP (in the US at 800-HPINVENt or worldwide see
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact.html). They can remotely reset
    the unit. You will need to provide some proof of ownership.

    Regards,

    I mant to do it my self, I want to find the right procedure so that if it
    happens to someone else I would be able to do it again...

    At The Hp service center all seems to be a secret...

    119v9t9pkuaqh36@corp.supernews.com...

    >I mant to do it my self, I want to find the right procedure so that if it
    >happens to someone else I would be able to do it again...
    >
    > At The Hp service center all seems to be a secret...

    It is a secret, because unrestricted access to the unlock information would
    contribute to notebook theft. If someone steals a notebook and cannot unlock
    it the market value is reduced. If you own the notebook legitimately HP can
    unlock it for you over the phone. If not then....

    - Bob Headrick

Hewlett Packard Laptops Hardware Computers