G

Ok, I'm not the guru of the IT-Business, even though having my "Darling-Dearest" on all day. I have major probs in gettin optimal performance on my Baby. HowTo set it up for Kick-Arse scores performance?

I am the "lucky" owner of:

A7V-133A, 1003a JumperFreeMode
Latest 4-in-1 + usb
AMD T-Bird 1.2
Creative Annihilator GeForce 2 MX - 32 DDR w/latest creative drivers + Display Director
30 GB IBM-Deskstar, 7200rpm
Win98-SE
Global Win WBK38 Cooler
Aopen hq-08, 300W w/ 2 Cab. Cooler (in and out)

I just downloaded aflash for 1004 but doesn't seem to work, continously error having probs with dos-mode.

Can it be right that I have 49 degrees C om my CPUCool V.6.0.13???

My MadOnion Benchmark 2001 Score just turned 1854??? Noone at MadOnion with the same system has any probs. What am I doing wrong?

PLZ HEEELP!

stable

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
Before doing the flash, enter your BIOS and change your video Detection from AGP (or whatever) to PCI/AGP.

Make sure your DOS boot disk for doing the BIOS upgrade has no autoexec.bat or config.sys files on it. The BIOS boot disk should ONLY have the system files necessary for a boot, that is all. From Windows, select my computer. Right click over a:, select format, select "quick format" and check the "copy system files". Then copy your aflash program and the unzipped BIOS onto the floppy. Then boot onto it and flash the BIOS. Be sure NOT to say A:\1004.01d but rather simply 1004.01d when it asks you for the BIOS filename. If you save the old BIOS, you will have to enter it as A:\ part. I suggest A:\OLDBIOS

Wait until the message says, "BIOS FLASHED SUCCESSFULLY, DO YOU WISH TO RE-FLASH?" before touching anything. Obviously here you would reply with an n for no. Then escape back out to DOS.

THEN POWER YOUR MACHINE DOWN!! PULL THE POWER CORD IF YOU HAVE TO, BUT DO NOT JUST HIT RESET!

Eject the floppy and boot normally, be sure to re-enter your BIOS and make any necessary changes including resetting your initial video detection order settings back to AGP/PCI.

Steve Benoit

Stable Technologies
'The way IT should be!'