My new PC lockups at any time

G

Hi. I have upgraded my computer few weeks ago and now I'm having a lot of hangs. All runs ok until my computer freezes. No matter if I'm using IE, WinAmp, 3D games,... I've tried leaving just the essential but the problem don't go away.
My configuration is:

AMD Athlon 1Ghz
Transcend AKT4
256 MB SDRAM PC133
HDD 40 GB UDMA100
WinFast S320ii (TNT2)
SB AWE 64 Gold
WinME

I've changed the memory, the harddisk, the TNT2 (I've tried a Savage 3D and a S3 Virge), I have removed the SoundBlaster. And also I have disabled the ACPI function in the Bios and in Windows. The only things I haven't touched are :

-the motherboard
-the Athlon
-and the power supply (300W)

Of course I've installed the latest drivers of VIA (4in1, turbo AGP4x/133, etc...) and the Detonator from NVIDIA.

Well, what do you think is my problem ?

PD. My computer hangs when the CPU is on 30º, I'm sure it isn't a problem of temp.

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
4 in 1 4.29 helped me alot, although I still have to use a program to drop AGP transfers to 2x or 1x, depending on the application.
are you getting any errors before it freezes? invalid page faults? BSOD? illegal operations?

----------------------
why, oh WHY, is the world run by morons?

G

I've already tried this version of 4in1. My computer just freezes. Any blue screen or something like this; just hangs.