Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bad Company 2 Black Lines?

Last response: in Video Games
May 18, 2011 2:31:32 PM

Hello,
I recently built my first pc and was very excited to play BFBC2. Just to see how performance was I tried out the single player. To my dismay I saw black lines and possibly a few other textures projecting from the center of the screen. I then tried multiplayer which had the same problem then crashed to a white screen. I have a fine framerate and all settings on max. I have updated all drivers and patched the game. All other games run relatively well. If anyone has a solution please let me know. Also, if you have any other comments on my build that would be welcomed.

My mobo only supports Crossfire so should I just switch out my 560 TI for a 6950 and crossfire later on?

New Rig:
730W PSU
PNY GTX 560 TI OC2 900 MHZ
Athlon ii X3 450 3.2GHz
Corsair 8Gb DDR3 1600mhz
asrock 880G Pro 3
500GB 7200 RPM
Monitor: 23" at 1920x1080
Win. Vista SP2 64-bit

Best solution

May 19, 2011 9:53:12 AM

If this is only happening during gaming, I'd suggest that it may be your GPU. Occasionally, pre-OC GPUs from 3rd party companies can be faulty or badly optimized compared to their stock cousins. I know for a fact that many Gigabyte 560 Super OC users are reporting that their cards are causing problems, so hopefully it's a similar manufacturer issue.

Equally, your 12V rail may be damaged or not connected properly. Check the connections and test the rail for issues. Connect another GPU to your PC and see what happens under the same conditions. If it still crashes, this is likely an issue with the 12V.

Best of luck :) 
May 20, 2011 5:09:56 AM

Omega998 said:
Hello,
I recently built my first pc and was very excited to play BFBC2. Just to see how performance was I tried out the single player. To my dismay I saw black lines and possibly a few other textures projecting from the center of the screen. I then tried multiplayer which had the same problem then crashed to a white screen. I have a fine framerate and all settings on max. I have updated all drivers and patched the game. All other games run relatively well. If anyone has a solution please let me know. Also, if you have any other comments on my build that would be welcomed.

My mobo only supports Crossfire so should I just switch out my 560 TI for a 6950 and crossfire later on?

New Rig:
730W PSU
PNY GTX 560 TI OC2 900 MHZ
Athlon ii X3 450 3.2GHz
Corsair 8Gb DDR3 1600mhz
asrock 880G Pro 3
500GB 7200 RPM
Monitor: 23" at 1920x1080
Win. Vista SP2 64-bit

I was having this problem last night as well on my GTX 560 ti. The reason why is because i downloaded new beta drivers for my card and this started to happen. I would suggest doing a clean sweep of your nvidia drivers and make sure you dont download the newest beta driver that was released on the i believe 17th of may.
m
l
Related resources
May 21, 2011 12:40:27 AM

run some demanding dx11 benchmarks like unigine heaven or the stone giant and see if you get a similar problem.
you may also want to disable physics as it can often cause anomaly's
m
l
May 28, 2011 9:39:17 PM

Best answer selected by Omega998.
m
l
!