Game slow down randomly part 2

Deathsagaxx

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Yes I had asked this once before and I apologize for bugging everyone again, let me restate my spec's and explain again, hopefully I will find the answer because im praying night and day for someone to fix this lol and I apologize once again for the repost

At random points in time, my fps drops, horribly low, I wish I knew the problem, or what to do, but I dont, I tried defragging, reg clean, and its basically a new pc, my setup is m4a77td/usb3 motherboard, 6850 hd 1gb gpu, 965 be phenom cpu, 700w xtreme gear psu, 8gb 1600mhz ram

random points of starcraft 2, brink, dragons age 2, and a few other games, the fps just drops to 3 for 2-5 minutes, my cpu is liquid cooled with asetek 550lc, so that cant be it, my gpu dosent get over 50, maybe 53 on hot days, and I have a decent and pretty ventilated case, so what on earth can be wrong?

also im upgrading my mobo, because im hoping thats the issue, to a MB ASROCK|890FX Deluxe5 AM3+ ready, and adding another 120mm fan to my coolermaster 430 elite

am3+ ready? it is either am3+ or it isnt. maybe just ditch the amd setup and go for an SB setup. even the i3 2100 outperforms amd quad cores. If the fps drops that low on all games for such an extended time, there must be something wrong with one of your components. is anything overclocked? remove all overclocking.....oh wait a minute, and then i saw the PSU you are using! - 700w xtremegear.... theres your problem http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12226 get a new PSU ASAP.

Deathsagaxx

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

its am3+ I just added ready for some reason, I knew there was a friggin issue with my psu, but I was hoping that couldnt be it, dang, well im going to get a new one, and see if that helps and post up the results, thanks for actually taking ur time to help