Confused over some device manager things :S

d3v

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
Hi, does anyone know why my "Direct Memory Access Controler" says its not installed when I downloaded and installed its driver?

Same as the VIA 4in1's... I installed them and there not showing up as installed!

Pictures of both problems . . .

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/2080/image12ra.jpg
http://img91.exs.cx/img91/465/image25cv.jpg

Also, does anyone know why all of those components that are light grey (which means not installed) are like that? Surely when u install your OS, they would be automaticly installed too, right?

If not, does anyne know where I can get the drivers for these things or better still, anyone know an all in one package to install the whole lot?

Sys specs . . .

Win2K SP1
DX 9.0c
Intel P3 1.00GHz
256MB SD RAM
2x Harddrives in IDE mode
Broadband via ethernet connection.
GF FX 5900ZT

Thanks in advance . . .

"i'm not young enough to know everything"
-Oscar Wilde

d3v

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
Nope, did not work. Atleast you got me to update my PC, lol.

Seriously tho, I really need this problem sorted...HELP !

-Oscar Wilde

Villas

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2003
Well.....how can I say this.......

via 4in1 drivers are for Mboards with VIA chipsets.
By the 1st image (IMAGE12RA.JPG) I can see that you have a Mboard with an INTEL chipset. You just need the INTEL INF instalation program. Search for it in the Intel Website.

Rui Villas :eek:
<font color=blue>Linux makes an AMD K/6 500Mhz run like a P4 2.6 Ghz. Why do I have Win XP?? </font color=blue>

d3v

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
Really!

Jesus christ, that would explain why I cant shutdown my PC properly anymore. lol.

I have actually installed the Intel Chipset INF driver package - twice, actually and both attempts still dident activivate the "Direct Access Meory Controller" along with about 12 other objects in there :(

Help meh, pls!

-Oscar Wilde

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
For the 1st image (Direct memory access), it is actually not required a driver (I have the same as yours on my Win XP Pro). What you need to check is <b>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers</b> section to see if UDMA is enabled for your drives.
The other (VIA4in1) you don't need it at all. Do you have any problem with your comp?

d3v

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
Yup UDMA is on for both my HDD's.

No problems... just trying to get the PC to perform as well as it possibly can.

Is there anything else I can do ???

-Oscar Wilde

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
If you were trying to get the via4in1 drivers on that board and then tried the intel inf I'd say there is lots of crap floating around and you should probably start off clean again. If you just built this thing it shouldn't be to painful to format again.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

TRENDING THREADS