Your question

GTA 4 hardware

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Hardware
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
May 20, 2011 10:56:32 AM

I'm looking for something that can play GTA4 at reasonable graphics with no lag.

I have with me 4GB RAM and a Core2Quad 2.66Ghz*4 processor (Not OCed)

I'm thinking of buying an ATI Radeon 5770.

1.) Is this a good card?
2.) Is this card going to give me a good GTA4 experience?

Also, I have a 400W PSU. Will I need to upgrade it for the card? I was told by somebody that I should go for a 600W PSU.

Thanks a lot for your time. :) 

More about : gta hardware

May 20, 2011 3:50:30 PM

The 5770 is a good mid range card and more than enough for your needs - this game isn't very demanding graphics wise, relies a little more on your processor but it would be very playable for you even at 1920x1080 res.
m
l
May 21, 2011 3:59:40 AM

Angadude said:
I'm looking for something that can play GTA4 at reasonable graphics with no lag.

I have with me 4GB RAM and a Core2Quad 2.66Ghz*4 processor (Not OCed)

I'm thinking of buying an ATI Radeon 5770.

1.) Is this a good card?
2.) Is this card going to give me a good GTA4 experience?

Also, I have a 400W PSU. Will I need to upgrade it for the card? I was told by somebody that I should go for a 600W PSU.

Thanks a lot for your time. :) 

HD 5770 is a good card, and considering that GTA IV is one of the worst optimized games ever released on PC, the game will have some issues for you, even if you buy the HD 5770.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5KSSS7CNGQ
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2011 6:35:40 AM

yes,As Gman450 has said GTA IV is a very bad codded Game,You may get some issues with this game like damn slow f.p.s. rate,the game runs like a slideshow in some cases.The game is cpu-based and you have a powerful cpu to handle the game.In spite of that problems may occur,You can't be sure that the game will play "with no lag",so don't forget to download and apply the latest patch,It will improve your game experience for sure.
source:http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/111525-13-high-specs-...
m
l